Global Sustainability Manager
- 8080 Norton Pkwy, Mentor, OH 44060, USA
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison is seeking a Sustainability Manager to provide subject matter expertise and leadership on environmental and social sustainability. You will serve as a key contributor to the strategic direction and execution of sustainability metrics. You will work globally and cross-functionally to coordinate, determine and proactively implement environmental sustainability initiatives encompassing the full value chain of our products and services.
The candidate must be knowledgeable and passionate about sustainability issues and has an infectious drive and enthusiasm to inspire and educate others. Strong leader with demonstrated global experience and a relentless capacity to work across functions and organizational bounds to advance Avery Dennison’s capabilities and reputation regarding sustainability.
The primary role and responsibility of this role will be
- Global leadership and management of projects related to the company’s sustainability goals of advancing the circular economy and reduction of our environmental impact.
- Focused on enabling our low carbon product strategy, including measurements related to carbon foot-printing and life cycle analysis.
- Promote and support the development of our global sustainable product portfolio.
- In collaboration with sourcing, operations and sustainability programs, develop a product stewardship program to minimize environmental and social impact throughout the lifecycle.
- Provide sustainability expertise and mentorship on ESG disclosures.
- Support education program on sustainability. Develop training to various employee and management groups across regions on big-picture environmental awareness, environmental development guidelines, customer and vendor environmental scorecards, environmental metrics and sustainability initiatives.
- Assist in identifying and engaging key external stakeholders/partners on Material Group’s environmental sustainability initiatives to support strategic direction.
- Bachelor's degree required, master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years business experience required, with a sustainability and/or commercial emphasis preferred
- 5+ years of supervisory or other leadership experience preferred
- Global sustainability experience required
- Knowledge of portfolio & project management theory and practice, with the ability to translate sophisticated technical information for non-technical audience
- Strong working knowledge of external landscape and dynamics related to environmental and social implications within the packaging industry.
- Is knowledgeable and passionate about sustainability issues, and has an infectious drive and enthusiasm to inspire and educate others.
- Has a relentless capacity to work across functions (technical/non-technical) and organizational bounds, to advance Avery Dennison’s performance and reputation in sustainability.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440.534.6080 or [email protected] to discuss reasonable accommodations.