Maintenance Shift Technician - C/D Team
- 870 Anderson Blvd, Greenfield, IN 46140, USA
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in over 50 countries. Reported sales in 2019 were $7.1 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Target Start Date: July 2021
This is an interview position. Direct Asset Transfer and Universal Job Bid do not apply.
The Maintenance technician is responsible for the repair and upkeep of equipment and the facility. Activities include both planned and predictive maintenance and break-down repair. This role is on night shift. You will work 12-hour days on a 2-2-3 schedule (6:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.).
- Locate and diagnose failures, replace defective components, and perform basic troubleshooting using standard equipment, detailed drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications, prints, manuals, and verbal and/or written instructions.
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as pneumatic tools, motors, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment using testing instruments, hand and power tools and precision-measuring instruments.
- Performs a wide variety of functions such as installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment for generating, distributing, and utilizing electrical energy. Uses instruments to test circuits and replaces or installs new power, light, electronic and control circuits.
- Troubleshoots electrical malfunctions, inspects circuits and wiring for shielding and grounding, and tests electrical equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Repairs complex electrical equipment, including motors, switches, switchboards, electrical mechanisms, automated machines, controls, panels, relays, circuit breakers, communication systems and alarms.
- Performs complex wiring assignments.
- Installs Measures, cuts, bonds, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit.
- Works from schematics, drawings, layouts, or other specifications to locate and diagnose trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
- Improvises acceptable fixes to get equipment running promptly.
- Assists engineers in diagnosing problems and suggesting corrective action.
- Cleans and lubricates parts.
- Inspects completed repairs.
- Properly inspect and maintain shop equipment, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Prepare new machines and production equipment for operation.
- Follow a strict preventive maintenance schedule to lessen exposure to downtime related repairs and maintenance.
- Orders replacement parts. Requisition new parts and equipment.
- Report shift metrics to capture the performance and/or areas for improvement. (Breakdown – Downtime) (Part Availability)
- Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe shop and production floor.
- Consistently work in a safe manner with regard to self, co-workers, and manufacturing systems.
- Perform general housekeeping tasks and waste removal within department/group and assists other areas as required.
- Continuously review current processes and search out improvement methods to improve product/process quality and reduce waste, rework, and unnecessary work that adds no value to the work or process.
- Assist and support other team members in meeting department and site goals.
- Contribute and participate in team decision making. Provide support in project work and other special requests.
- Provide support to the production team to produce superior quality materials that meet/exceed client needs. This role supports the needs of manufacturing and facilities to ensure both are in top working order.
- Paint structures, perform masonry work, repair plumbing fixtures and woodwork.
- Repair, assist in repairing or oversee contracted personnel on heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
- Perform or supervises janitorial services and grounds maintenance such as landscaping, lawn care and snow removal.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Good interpersonal skills, mathematical aptitude, mechanical/technical skills and aptitude and logical problem solving skills necessary.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a highly participative work system.
- Ability to work independently in a safe and timely manner necessary.
- Must be motivated toward productivity improvements, safety and quality awareness.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.