Global Business Intelligence Analyst - Supply Chain & Operations
- Willem Einthovenstraat 11, 2342 BG Oegstgeest, Netherlands
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in over 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison is an equal opportunity employer.
At Avery Dennison, we are looking for a “Global Business Intelligence Analyst - Supply Chain & Operations” to join our Global IT team. In this role you will work with our Supply Chain & Operations business leaders across the globe to provide IT solutions.
As “Global Business Intelligence Analyst - Supply Chain & Operations” you will have a significant strategic impact by advancing our digital transformation, in addition you will help improve overall operational efficiency by streamlining business processes and information flows. In order to succeed in this position it is essential you have demonstrated success with identifying business needs in a manufacturing environment and translating them to IT solutions, as well as with managing the full implementation process of the proposed solutions.
You will directly report to our Global Lead BI Analyst and will be based at our European Headquarters in Oegstgeest, the Netherlands.
- Conduct detailed needs assessment, business and cost-benefit analyses to identify gaps with business operations and support design and implementation of IT system changes in line with the overall IT strategy
- Partner with the Supply Chain & Operations function to build a deep understanding of Manufacturing processes and operational metrics in order to effectively and proactively identify opportunities to leverage analytical solutions for improvement of their processes and overall strategy f.i. the ability to identify trends and outliers in data that could suggest material or production quality issues
- Manage cross-functional, global projects to achieve IT strategic and operational goals, this includes request prioritization and the coordination of testing activities of technical staff and functional stakeholders
- Provide input for developing long term roadmaps and/or IT strategy
- Train and/or mentor junior team members (Business Intelligence Analysts & Business Analysts) and functional stakeholders
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or business (or equivalent experience), MBA a plus
- 8+ years of demonstrated success in a global Analyst (or similar) role within an international, manufacturing environment, preferably with exposure to SC & Ops function
- Proven ability to effectively lead & manage cross-functional, global, complex analytical projects
- Creative thinking, excellent interpersonal skills & ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people
- Hands-on experience with & knowledge of reporting and BI tools, especially the latest experience on the Oracle OBIEE and IBM Cognos platforms, with the ability to create and understand:
- Functional requirements including business rules, data sources and processing needed to create the required insight for the organization
- Prototypes / Mash-ups (Develop ad hoc reports and create and run SQL queries)
- Data profiling of source and target systems
- Conceptual Data Models
- Experience with Internet of Things (IOT) and interfacing/rationalizing data from machine sensors is preferred
- Knowledge of Google Suite (including BigQuery, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio) is considered as plus
- Fluency in English is required