- Jl. Inti I, Cibatu, Cikarang Sel., Bekasi, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
- Employees can work remotely
About Avery Dennison Retail Branding and Information Solutions
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in over 50 countries. Reported sales in 2019 were $7.1 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE:Oversees the general accounting functions and the preparation of reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results, in addition to managing employees. Manage an Accounts Payable Team.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
Employee Development & Management
- Train and provide development opportunities for staff. Ensure annual goals are complete and communicated. Ensure Global Performance Management System is up to date and regular feedback is provided to staff members.
- Monitor and evaluate team members, and adjust training where needed.
- Attract, retain and develop high potential talent.
- Model and promote the Corporation’s Code of Business Ethics and Values.
- Perform general management duties, exercising usual authority concerning staff, performance appraisals, promotions and terminations. Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
- Act as a team role model and change-agent.
- Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals.
- Coordinate team efforts, create and manage a regional strategy and team operating plan.
- Provide technical and administrative supervision to the general accounting function, maintain integrity of financial reporting systems, and provide analytical support regarding financial statements and general ledger.
- Manage an assigned functional area, such as General Accounting or Cost Accounting. Organize work processes, methods and procedures; establish and monitor controls to evaluate unit performance.
- Ensure all tasks are assigned and performed on time. Prioritize time to focus on biggest issues.
- Responsible for daily general ledger activities, account reconciliations, workload distribution and assignment of tasks.
- Prepare monthly account analysis of balance sheet accounts, develop adjusting entries as needed, and review status of all significant accounts.
- Coordinate the preparation and entry of month-end journal entries.
- Maintain and analyze actual costs to estimates/budgets. Determine and analyze variances.
- Receive and resolve inquiries from all managers regarding monthly financial results.
- Prepare required financial reports for corporate accounting as well as those required for generation of internal financial package.
- Interact with various departments to resolve problems, perform research and provide support.
- Direct the processing and documenting of invoices.
- Interact with customers as necessary to resolve account problems.
- Review and reconcile assigned accounts, check and resolve discrepancies.
- Demonstrate and inspire integrity. Anticipate questions, issues and challenges from management, external audit, etc. Avoid financial surprises. Anticipate questions and challenges. Stay current with requirements. Keep management informed of any issues or gaps.
- Ensure accuracy of analysis. Challenge assumptions. Ensure compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related education.
- 7+ years accounting or related experience with 3 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Effective supervisory skills.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Green Belt preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of GAAP.
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes and function specific software.
- Knowledge of applicable state, federal and tax laws.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status.