Application & Technical Service Engineer
- Tieblokkenlaan 1, 2300 Turnhout, Belgium
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in over 50 countries. Reported sales in 2019 were $7.1 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
The Application & Technical Service (ATS) engineer has a customer facing role providing proactive solutions for customer needs with either existing or new products.
In addition, the ATS engineer will be responsible for:
- Development and cultivation of relationships with key customers' technical staff and leadership
- Drive & close the opportunity pipeline for together with the sales team
- Drive modified designs and newly developed products in close collaboration with R&D
- Technical & Product training of the customers and the sales team
- Make product recommendations, address customer technical issues with existing & new products
- Frequent interaction with product and platform development engineers and scientists, as well as Marketing managers for technical support in developing sales tools
Experience required with:
- Customer relationship-building
- Product development and product commercialization processes
- Training customers and sales teams
- Project Management
The proactive support required will demand on-site customer visits with weekly travel averaging 50%
- Minimum (4-yr) degree in Chemistry/Mechanical Engineering/Materials Engineering/Physics/Polymer Science preferably a Master of Science degree in one of the above disciplines
- 10+ years related technical experience in adhesives, coatings or tapes required
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and mathematical skills
AVERY DENNISON IS EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK:
We not only embrace change… we drive it. We work hard, push hard, and take brave risks. Our culture is innovative and collaborative - where bold ideas turn into action. We grow strong talent through stretch opportunities only restricted by your interests. We are committed to workplace diversity, both for employees and for the business. We are a force for good, imbedded in industries and communities worldwide. We are challenging ourselves and others to reach higher and think bigger to improve the quality of all life. Avery Dennison is a great place to work for everyone. We offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Structured learning and development
- Mentoring program
- Competitive total rewards
We look forward to receiving your application.
Avery Dennison is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.