Senior Business Finance Manager, ASEAN
- Lot 6, Jalan P/2, Kawasan Perusahaan Bangi, Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, including pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2019 were $7.1 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
ABOUT YOUR ROLE: You will lead the finance function to ensure alignment with the goals of Label and Graphic Material ASEAN (LGM ASEAN). You will partner with the local VP/GM, and the regional and local leadership teams to ensure goals and objectives are met and supports the overall strategic, annual operating plan (AOP) and forecasting processes. With the strong support from Business Finance Center of Excellence (COE) and Shared Service Organisation (SSO), you will go beyond reporting but add value to the business through providing superior insights with financial data, identifies and supports opportunities and helps set the financial direction with the regional and local leadership teams.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Provide business partnership and the related financial planning & analysis for all countries within ASEAN region for both LPM and Graphics business, with support from the COE.
- Work closely with local VP/GM and collaborate across the functional team to deliver annual financial targets - P&L and Free cash flow.
- Detailed understanding of factory costing, partner with operations team to look for cost savings opportunities and track key metrics
- Work with the commercial team to evaluate new sales opportunities and improve profitability.
- Optimize working capital - Inventory, Receivables and payables
- Detailed margin analysis - customerwise, productwise, SKUs, Mix analysis
- Provide accurate and timely information for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close to local and regional Leadership team.
- Lead and coordinate the LGM ASEAN Forecast, AOP & Long-term Strategic Planning processes regarding full P&L and Free cash flow projection
- Drive fact-based decisions through defining the right measures, establishing and maintaining a financial incentive framework and performance scorecard
- Chartered Accountant, Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Business Economics, Finance and Accounting, or equivalent
- Knowledge of US GAAP, Accounting Principles and SOX guidelines.
- Experience and knowledge of financial systems (Hyperion, Cognos).
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical thinker, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to operate and drive results in a highly matrix organization
- Focus on customers (internal and external).
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a straightforward manner. Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees, across different functions and geographies
- Proactive and independent self-starter and problem solver
- Ability to lead, support and develop the team
- Ability to cope with high pressure assignments, projects and initiatives and used to meeting strict deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Demonstrated organization, decision making and project management skills.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Google Drive, Sheets, Slides, MS Office Excel, PowerPoint, incl. Macros.
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER