Material Handler - 6pm-6am - Building 17
- 5750 Heisley Rd, Mentor, OH 44060, USA
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in over 50 countries. Reported sales in 2019 were $7.1 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
The material handler is responsible for the movement of material throughout the site. This may include loading / unloading of trailers and movement of raw materials, work in process and finished goods. You will work 6pm-6am.
This posting is for the Cleveland Films Facility dock and is subject to shift alignment. All interested individuals are encouraged to apply, with those currently in the Cleveland Films Facility dock receiving first consideration.
Activities and duties may vary, dependent upon site-specific needs. Essential functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Moving material to / from raw, WIP, finished, Shipping, Receiving and manufacturing areas.
- Unloading / loading trucks / tankers with incoming / outgoing materials.
- Verifying materials against Shipping and Receiving documents.
- Completing appropriate transactions to document the movement of material within the Inventory Management System.
- Supporting inventory accuracy: Completing warehouse and departmental cycle counts and correcting discrepancies. Helping manage winding drum and rack inventories.
- Raw / Finishing warehouse: Picking up and transferring material racks, pallets and other consumable supplies to / from production areas, as required. Condensing warehouse space and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Performing all assignments, duties and tasks in a safe manner, following standard procedures and practices. Encouraging others to do so. Correcting and / or reporting all unsafe conditions immediately.
- Performing duties to continuously improve quality and productivity.
- Maintaining a safe, clean work area.
- Assisting in equipment maintenance activities, as directed.
- Communicating and coordinating necessary information to appropriate department / shift employees to ensure effective operations.
- Leading the recycling of pallets, cardboard and scrap materials.
- Supporting all 5S housekeeping activities.
- Performing other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instruction.
- Must regard safety as a core value; must serve as role model for other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices, policies and procedures.
- Must have strong service and quality focus; address issues effectively when problems arise and take initiative to understand root cause, then communicate / educate team in a timely manner.
- Must be able to actively contribute in a team-based environment; encourage open communication and positive interaction with peers and management to effectively reach a common goal.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in essential tasks of the job and a willingness to learn and share knowledge; must take initiative to cross-train and sustain acquired skills.
- Must have demonstrated record of flexibility and dependability in order to support production and customer focus.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime, including short-notice requests.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with computer applications, especially strong MFGPro transactional skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.