Senior NPI Engineer
- Lot 6, Jalan P/2, Kawasan Perusahaan Bangi, Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in over 50 countries. Reported sales in 2019 were $7.1 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
About your role
The Senior NPI engineer’s role includes Product & Process Development with responsibility to introduce new materials and products in line with the PLT team and AOP needs through the DDOS model and via the use of Six Sigma skills / processes.
- Work with Sales & Marketing team in identifying new product opportunities and assessing commercial feasibility of new products.
- Cross-functionally manage new product development project with relevant functions and ensure that the new product Introduction to the market is on schedule.
- Identify raw material required for producing of new products that meet with customers and end-users’ requirements.
- Lead production trials, converting and application trials, provide technical recommendations and ensure success of product qualification.
- Lead all lab analysis related to product development inclusive aging test or other studies deemed relevant.
- Create customer product data sheets for new product launches.
- Develop potential technical specifications for new and improved products; inclusive of material safety datasheets.
- Develop a portfolio of internal and customer training tools/presentations.
- Research customer technical specifications and requirements with current or potential technical specifications of company products.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher education on Chemistry or Engineering, Material Characterization or Polymer Sciences discipline; Printing & Packaging or related field
- 4 to 8 years related technical experience required
- Experience with product development and product commercialization processes
- Strong in a Project Management skill
- Strong technical capabilities in material science is important
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Lead project teams and facilitate / encourage strong multi functional team work
- Lunch provided
- 1-month contractual bonus with variable bonus for confirmed employees
- Bi-Annual Medical Checkup
- Medical Consultation outpatient coverage for self, spouse and children
- Additional Dental/Optical benefits
- Insurance Coverage
HR Discussion, 2 to 3 rounds of Functional Interviews.
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER