Senior Social Compliance Engineer
- Tseung Kwan O, Hong Kong
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in over 50 countries. Reported sales in 2019 were $7.1 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE:
Enhance organizational capability in supplier and social compliance, providing competitive advantage to RBIS business goals.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE :
- Drive the implementation of the internal compliance audit program in all selected plants through training, development and capacity building.
- Ensure social compliance through regular inspections and reporting.
- Review, analyze and report compliance discrepancies for all facilities and suppliers and follow up on CAP
- Investigate problems, develop solutions and teach sites to develop sustainable corrective actions for compliance discrepancies.
- Maintain and overall in charge of RBIS global supplier approval list.
- Coordinate with global procurement team, global quality team & social compliance team for updating supplier status.
- Global contact to Sales for updating brand’s compliance requirement and make sure the update tied up with supplier approval list.
- Establish and implement sustainable procedure to communicate the update with global sites.
- Report status and send alert to key stakeholders periodically.
- Conduct proper issue escalation and handle daily inquiry on supplier approval status.
- Assume additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience on Social Compliance audits in China is a must and excellent knowledge in China law / social audit requirement. Experience in other countries will be an advantage
- Experience on Supply Chain, Quality or Compliance takes an advantage but not a must
- Minimum 3 years related experience in garment or trims manufacturing field
- Thoroughly knowledgeable on database administration and systems testing and auditing processes.
- Hands-on project management experience with good project management skills
- Excellent presentation skills & communication skills in both oral and written English
- Strong team building and mentoring skills, good leadership
- Excellent attention to details
- Independent worker, strong problem solving skill
- With the sense of urgency & able to prioritize and complete the assigned task in tight schedule.
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Google, Lotus Notes.
- Willing to travel