- 224 Industrial Rd, Fitchburg, MA 01420, USA
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio-frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
The Fastener Solutions Division of Avery Dennison is a worldwide manufacturer of plastic fastening systems used in the automotive, apparel, retail, industrial and packaging industries. Our three-shift injection molding and extrusion operation is located in Fitchburg, MA. The Fastener Solutions Division is ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 certified.
About your role
This position is of high visibility and key to the succession plans of the business. The Quality Engineer, working within the company Business Management System, supports Production, Manufacturing Engineering, Product Engineering and the Quality Group (QA Lab and Document Control) in their efforts to meet or exceed our customers’ expectations and ensures that quality levels are maintained, while minimizing costs and improving efficiency.
Your responsibilities will include:
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Handle customer quality-related inquiries from receipt to closure, primarily from Automotive customers
- Coordinate quality matters related to customer quality such as product complaint, customer claim (with Finance), 8D report evaluation and submission, follow-up to assess the effectiveness of corrective actions and preventive actions
- Provide internal production quality support related to issue resolution, product quality/risk assessment and product disposition
- Provide plant quality support and representation in new product development, specification reviews and approvals, scale up, design transfer, and facility validation activities, and the establishment and maintenance of quality control standards
- Working multi-functionally, maintain Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEAs, and Control Plans
- Provide assistance in the QA lab to perform product measuring and testing if required
- Provide production support of a quality/statistical data analysis nature
- Provide monthly quality indices and leads monthly Quality meeting
- Provide training in areas of responsibility or expertise, as the need arises
- Generate and provide quality metrics for management review
- Conducts quality audits for products, processes, and if required suppliers
- Leads problem solving and improvement projects
- Develop systemic improvements to the plant quality system
- Provide input into the development and maintenance of the Site Business(Quality) Management System (BMS)
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- Minimum 5 years meaningful experience in Quality
- Interest in advancement to Quality Management
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and IATF16949
- Six Sigma Training is a plus
- Good statistical background and Minitab knowledge
- Experience prioritizing multiple responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Able to effectively work with various functions and levels within the organization.
- Ability to work across functional boundaries and collaborate with these business disciplines in a significant manner - laboratory, manufacturing, engineering, sales, and marketing functions as needed to carry out assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical related field is required.
- ASQ certification in quality engineering, quality management, or auditing is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.