- 224 Industrial Rd, Fitchburg, MA 01420, USA
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio-frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison is a global leader in pressure-sensitive adhesives and materials, labels, tags, retail systems and specialty chemicals. The Fastener Solutions Division of Avery Dennison is a worldwide manufacturer of plastic fastening systems used in the automotive, apparel, retail, industrial and packaging industries. Our three-shift injection molding and extrusion operation is located in Fitchburg, MA. The Fastener Solutions Division is ISO/TS 16949 certified.
The Toolroom Engineer is Responsible for leading injection mold projects with external vendors and internal tool shop through quoting, mold design, construction, debugging, process development, and qualification to meet customer and production requirements.
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead various aspects of mold development including, but not limited to; design reviews, fabrication and repairs.
- Act as a tooling lead by participating in part design reviews as they relate to manufacturability and tool viability.
- Run integration of internal & external customer expectations/requirements in the areas of mold design, cavitation, prototyping and analysis.
- Handle tooling designs to conform to Avery Dennison’s established standards.
- Support development of part handling and metrology requirements and the requisite tooling and fixtures.
- Work in partnership with R&D team to identify mold design issues prior to tool release at design review stage
- Improve and optimize efficiency and part quality throughout manufacturing operations.
- Participate in production start up meetings, evaluate needs and implement new tooling and equipment processes.
- Develop specs for new product introductions and troubleshoot problems determining solutions to processing and tooling challenges.
- Oversee process setups ensuring consistency, using technical & analytical skills such as root cause analysis and making data driven decisions to create new processes and improve existing processes.
- Interface daily with process technicians to determine necessary improvements to the molds for process abilities.
- Provide mold quotes, create specifications, oversee design reviews, follow up on the successful build of tools and monitor tooling needs and repairs coordinating internally and externally.
- Set & achieve ambitious cost saving goals utilizing Six Sigma methodologies and spearhead projects focused on systemic problems.
- Provide leadership for compliance to IATF by writing process specifications, FMEA and DOE methods.
- Utilize a cooperative approach with team members soliciting input, developing action plans ensuring processes are well defined, effectively communicated and accurately documented.
- Support product line transfers, process control implementation and help to identify and develop high quality suppliers.
- Lead & mentor Toolroom Technicians.
What we will be looking for in you:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Plastics degree preferred.
- Proficiency with 2D & 3D CAD software (SolidWorks preferred)
- 10+ years experience in high volume plastics environment, ideally experienced with both injection molding and extrusion
- Exposure to compliance standards with ISO 9000, TS16949 and experience with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Skilled with establishing processing parameters and documenting processes for operation.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Consistent track record participating with and creating teamwork atmosphere to solve problems and improve product and process quality.
- Ability to handle toolroom budget
- Strong written and verbal communication skills combined with PC literacy and knowledge of industry specific software programs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.