Customer Product Development Generalist
- 218 W 40th St, New York, NY 10018, USA
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2019 were $7.1 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
About Avery Dennison RBIS
Avery Dennison Retail Branding and Information Solutions (RBIS) is a global leader in providing physical and digital labeling solutions that enable brands and retailers to address challenges and opportunities from source through to store, and in consumer engagement. RBIS provides end-to-end solutions in predominantly the apparel and footwear industry and is a $1.7 billion division of Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY). Its products include tickets, tags, woven and fabric labels, heat transfers, software, printers and consumables. The Intelligent Labels division that sits within RBIS is the world’s largest UHF RFID partner, with over 1750 patents and applications worldwide serving multiple industries across retail and industrial segments. RBIS serves the global marketplace with operations in 50 countries, across six continents. For more information, visit www.averydennison.com/RBIS.
Customer Product Development (CPD) Generalists leads the product development process by defining new program requirements in collaboration with the sales teams, from point of initiation to customer approval. This position coordinates new developments across multiple customers and product lines. CPD Generalists provide product knowledge within our Heat Transfer, Woven, Printed Fabric, and Paper product lines by bringing insights, solutions, and options to the sales team and the customer. CPD Generalists partner closely with our Global Program Deployment (GPD) team to deploy new items into production.
- Partner with Commercial team on developing product opportunities to drive key initiatives and achieve sales objectives for assigned accounts.
- Effectively manage product development process from customer briefing to artwork development, costing/pricing, sampling, and final approval.
- Guide customers to the greatest value solution for their branding needs by gathering product specifications for new programs, or redesigns of existing programs, and re-engineering options to meet target prices.
- Coordinate with GPD team and variable data end-to-end specialists to deploy new items to production.
- Prepare global price proposals using established tools and guidelines and escalate price approval in competitive situations.
- Participate in store audits, customer meetings and calls, and the creation of the selling narrative, as needed.
- Remain current on industry trends and product innovations to effectively partner with customers in leveraging Avery Dennison solutions.
- Technical knowledge of printing, weaving, heat transfer, variable data, and manufacturing strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in new product development.
- Knowledge of the retail, apparel or label industries.
- Passion for products, trends, insights, possibilities, and development.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organized while managing multiple projects to completion against tight deadlines.
- Highly effective oral and written communication and presentation skills. Thrive in a collaborative, matrixed environment, coordinating with multiple people and global functions.
- High level of PC skills, including use of Word, Excel, ERP (Oracle preferred), pricing tools, product/customer databases.
- Solid mathematical skills for pricing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge gained through training and experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.