Business Development Manager - Intelligent Labels
- Willem Einthovenstraat 11, 2342 BG Oegstgeest, Netherlands
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio-frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison is an equal opportunity employer.
In this key function as ‘Business Development Manager - Intelligent Labels’ you will work closely with the Sales organization and Product Management to develop and execute the market strategy focused on pursuing meaningful and sustainable ventures and platforms for the European Intelligent Label segment.
It is preferred if you are based in Germany or The Netherlands (or close to a major EU airport).
- Set the strategic direction for the European Intelligent Label segment to successfully introduce innovations answering unmet needs or displace competitive solutions by leveraging differentiation in the value proposition
- Identify new trends & surface new ideas and work with partners to convert them to new (short and longterm) business opportunities.
- Partner with stakeholders to develop market right products, support materials and provide info on pricing recommendations across all RFID solutions.
- Strong knowledge of the RFID market, technologies, players and channels (Automotive, Industrial, Logistic, Track & Trace verticals).
- Strong EU-wide network in RFID
- 5-10 years of working experience in a similar role in an international environment
- Deep knowledge of SI (System Integrators) environment required.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and execute go-to market strategy
- Independent thinker, creative and excellent problem solving ability
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills
- Fluency in English, strong proficiency in German is preferred
- Travel requirement: 3 to 4 days a week
- Bachelor in business, economics or technical/chemical area or equivalent experience. (MBA is preferred)
At Avery Dennison we do what we love and we love what we do.