Logistics Market Development Manager, RFID/Intelligent Labels
- Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN, USA
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison (NYSE:AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
About Avery Dennison RBIS
Avery Dennison RBIS, a global leader in apparel and footwear industry solutions, is a $1.5 billion division of Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY). Avery Dennison RBIS provides intelligent, creative and sustainable solutions that elevate brands and accelerate performance throughout the global retail supply chain. We elevate brands through graphic tickets, tags and labels, embellishments and packaging solutions that enhance consumer appeal. We accelerate performance through Intelligent Labels and RFID enabled inventory and loss prevention solutions, price management, global compliance, and brand security solutions.
Based in Boston, Massachusetts Avery Dennison RBIS responsibly serves the global marketplace with operations in 115 locations, 50 countries, across 6 continents. For more information, visit www.rbis.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison are leaders within the connected products age focussed on transforming the industries that we serve and enabling a better future for all. Avery Dennison’s intelligent labels bridge the material and the digital to help companies across a diverse range of industries bring any item to digital life. They infuse otherwise non-digital items with a unique digital identity so that companies can connect them to the internet and capture a huge range of benefits. For more information, visit www.rfid.averydennison.com
The Market Development Manager (MDM) is responsible, as a part of a team, for driving top line growth and developing new business opportunities utilizing a full suite of Avery Dennison RFID/Intelligent Label solutions and products for the Logistics industry. This position partners closely with the Commercial, Product Development and Innovations teams to identify and evaluate opportunities that convert into new or incremental sales.
- Identify, assess, develop and manage new programs and new business opportunities in the Logistics Industry leading to successful commercialization efforts.
- Own responsibility for execution and sales results for the Logistics segment, by connecting with broader commercial front end team
- Incorporate knowledge of the industry to partner with stakeholders to develop market right products, support materials & pricing recommendations across RFID/Intelligent Label solutions.
- Work with prospective customers to identify unmet needs, and present compelling solutions.
- Initiate, determine, and present ROI business case analysis.
- Stay abreast of industry trends by attending trade shows, events and staying on top of market insights as well as global branding trends.
- Surface new ideas, products, applications and solution to development teams
- Communicate and link key value propositions, differentiators to customer with RBIS solutions set
- Craft customized go-to-market strategies for regions and individual customers
- Develop long-term business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with business partners at the customers’ orgs.
- Collaborate with other business units to evaluate volume, identify trends, ensure quality.
- Working knowledge of the RFID industry required.
- Deep knowledge of the logistics market required.
- Ability to develop go-to market strategy, as well as execute activities in cross functional matrix structure
- 5+ years of experience in business development or sales, with expertise in the logistics industry, with specific understanding logistics companies and processes
- Contacts with senior-level decision makers at large logistics and transportation companies.
- Detail oriented, project management and communication skills a must.
- Strong influencing skills and storytelling skills and ability to champion projects both cross functionally and vertically within the organization, ability to gain buy-in from senior-level executives.
- Have a solid understanding of finance and ROI analysis.
- A demonstrated track record in developing and executing new business opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field strongly preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.