Coating Operator in Training
- 513 Hwy 74 S, Peachtree City, GA 30269, USA
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio-frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
The Peachtree City location is hiring production operators to work various shifts.
Activities and duties may vary, dependent upon site-specific needs. Essential functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Operate machinery, including high-speed coating lines, slitters and rewinders.
- Inspect general appearance of raw material, work in process and finished product.
- Sort, label and package finished goods for shipment per customer specifications, quality requirements and standard practices.
- Operate powered industrial equipment, including fork truck, antler truck, clam truck and man-up truck.
- Participate in problem-solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Communicate and coordinate necessary information to appropriate shift / department personnel to ensure effective operations.
- Perform 5S duties and audits.
- Assist in equipment maintenance activities, as directed.
- Load raw material into machine and unload finished product.
- Determine and control the machine cycle, varying and modifying as necessary.
- Perform tests and check product routinely for multiple characteristics. Use standard measuring devices and make judgments against standards that are not readily measurable.
- Meet production schedules and program production sequences for optimal productivity.
- Follow standard operating procedures and specifications or instructions of higher level technical personnel. Monitor meters, gauges, valves, flow ratios, temperatures, pressures and related controls and guidelines to ensure adherence to production / process specifications.
- Maintain production records and logs of equipment and product performance.
- Follow all health, safety and housekeeping procedures, policies and practices. Consistently work in a safe manner with regard to self, co-workers and manufacturing systems.
- Attend and participate in all required training.
- Teamwork: Assist and support other team members in meeting department and site goals. Participate and share in performing all tasks necessary to run the facility. Contribute and participate in team decision making. Provide support in project work and other special requests.
- Perform all other functions, as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous manufacturing experience is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/DisabledAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.