External Embellishment - Market Development Manager
- Willem Einthovenstraat, Leiden, Netherlands
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison is an equal opportunity employer.
About Avery Dennison RBIS
Avery Dennison RBIS, a global leader in apparel and footwear industry solutions, is a $1.4 billion division of Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY). Avery Dennison RBIS provides intelligent creative and sustainable solutions that elevate brands and accelerate performance throughout the global retail supply chain. We elevate brands through graphic tickets, tags and labels, embellishments and packaging solutions that enhance consumer appeal. We accelerate performance through RFID enabled inventory and loss prevention solutions, price management, global compliance, and brand security solutions.
Based in Westborough, Massachusetts Avery Dennison RBIS responsibly serves the global marketplace with operations in 115 locations, 50 countries, across 6 continents. For more information, visit www.rbis.averydennison.com.
What we can offer you! - Your Role:
As the External Embellishment Market Development Manager, you are responsible to drive sustainable & profitable growth in the External Embellishment (EE) solutions for your territory.
Together with the commercial and regional teams, you help devising the commercial strategy for External Embellishment for each Accounts in your territory.
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- You execute the agreed strategies, generating and capturing short, mid and long term opportunities.
- You are an expert in the External Embellishment ecosystem gathering intelligence on the market trends, the competition, the fields of play, the consumer insights, the latest technologies but as well the general macroeconomic trends.
- You manage current portfolio of business for your territory
- You assess other key opportunities to advise where we should invest
- You identify, assess, develop and manage new programs and new business opportunities for assigned products leading to successful commercialization efforts.
- You work with prospective customers to identify unmet needs, and present compelling solutions.
- You stay abreast of industry trends by attending trade shows, events and staying on top of market insights as well as global branding trends.
- You surface new ideas, products applications and solution to development teams
- You help craft customized go-to-market strategies for regions and individual customers
- You develop long-term business opportunities.
- You develop and maintain working relationships with business partners at the customers’ organizations.
- You work hand in hand with Regional Commercial Leaders, Account Managers and Factory Sales to implement the commercial strategy
What we expect from you! - Your Expertise
- Proven track record of repeated commercial success
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Apparel & Footwear industry knowledge preferred
- Sharp mind, able to see the forest behind the tree, comfortable with dealing with complexity and looking forward to learning new concepts to do business differently
- Avid learner, taking care of her own personal development via practical and theoretical learning
- Takes initiative, and has an entrepreneurial spirit that is able to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated track record developing and executing new business ventures
- Strong influencing skills, public speaking skills and ability to champion projects both cross functionally and vertically within the organization
- related business experience, emphasizing strategy, sales, business development and marketing desired
- Demonstrated success in cross-regional projects or initiatives
- Advanced business and financial acumen needed
- Experience in planning and forecasting, with practical experience in researching new opportunities and implementing successful account penetration
- Excellent organizational and people skills, project management skills, with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner
- Experience in strategic leadership and negotiation
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills (in English)
- Curious & dynamic player
- Obsessed with winning
- Frequent travels may be required
At Avery Dennison we do what we love and we love what we do.
We look forward to receiving your application.