Customer Service Representative UK - Label Packaging Materials
- Nelson Way, Cramlington NE23, UK
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio-frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison is an equal opportunity employer.
What we can offer you! - Your Role:
For our UK Customer Service team in our Label Packaging business (label.averydennison.com) we are hiring an energized, tenacious and highly driven Customer Service Representative UK. This is a challenging role in a very fast, highly competitive growing business and within a high performing sales team.
You will be based out of our plant in Cramlington and you will report directly to our Customer Service Manager for the region.
As Customer Service Representative UK you will be processing customer order requirements accurately and in a timely manner being in daily contact, both with internal as well as external customers. As well you improve added customer value by demonstrating our capabilities and building stronger customer relationships, becoming a trusted advisor for the customer.
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Process orders accurately, check shipments daily and meet daily deadlines
- Ensure packaging, delivery, product requirements are accurately met for each order covering multiple production sites
- Answer sales calls and inquiries promptly and communicate with customers in a timely manner
- Build extensive knowledge of our various computer system to accurately understand stock replenishment process & stock availability, order routing, quarantine & financial functions
- For Bulk, Specialty and Rapid Roll Products - provide product information, pricing, lead-time and availability information
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships across multiple sites to champion the customer’s needs and deliver successfully.
- Work closely with Field Sales Representatives to integrate new business, stock management, forecasting and invoice query resolution
- Proactively sell pre-slit rolls to reduce amount of aged stock
- Proactively look to improve voice of the customer using customer scorecards and OTIF information
What we expect from you! - Your Expertise:
- Degree level of education is preferred but not essential
- Previous work experience of 2+ years within internal customer account management, preferably in a manufacturing industry
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in English both spoken and written; additional European languages would also be an advantage
- Consistent track record of successful negotiations
- Strong interest and drive to identify/build and meet customer needs plus cultural empathy and team-player attitude to operate in complex multinational matrix organization
- Perform well at any situation and be able to handle a number of key tasks at a time
- High degree of accuracy, good time-management and priority setting skills are important
- High-energy, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic work approach to develop business in difficult conditions of diverse and fast-paced markets is a must
Who we are! - Our Story:
AVERY DENNISON IS EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK:
- We not only embrace change… we drive it.
- We work hard, push hard, and take brave risks.
- Our culture is innovative and collaborative - where bold ideas turn into action.
- We grow strong talent through stretch opportunities only restricted by your interests.
- We are committed to workplace diversity, both for employees and for the business.
- We are a force for good, embedded in industries and communities worldwide.
- We are challenging ourselves and others to reach higher and think bigger to improve the quality of all life.
Avery Dennison is a great place to work for everyone.
At Avery Dennison we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusion as an integral part of the employee experience.
We're committed to workplace diversity because it’s the right thing to do – both for employees and for the business. We create a more inclusive workplace where every employee has an opportunity to be and do their very best.
So whatever your race, sexuality, disability, religion, gender or even non-gender, we recognise and celebrate your differences.
Be different. Be You. - At Avery Dennison we do what we love and we love what we do.
We look forward to receiving your application.