Sr. Divisional Automation Engineer
- 8080 Norton Pkwy, Mentor, OH 44060, USA
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio-frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Are you looking for a rewarding growth opportunity? Are you a leader who creates a positive working environment in which all employees are aligned, engaged and valued? Are you looking for a challenging role that includes a strong focus on system optimization, employee development, and problem-solving? If so, consider Avery Dennison!
Avery Dennison is seeking a Sr. Divisional Automation Engineer to join our team in Mentor, Ohio.
Delivering on these responsibilities is critical to success:
- Optimize material flow within national finishing centers from the time a roll is slit to the time the roll leaves the facility.
- Assess current state operations and implement automation solutions to increase productivity and eliminate/minimize ergonomic and safety issues.
- Combine strong technical aptitude with balanced business acumen to provide justification (Return On Investment) for proposed solutions.
- Analyze and plan workforce utilization within space requirements for maximum efficiency.
- Lead critical divisional initiatives including key process capability improvements.
- Lead the design and implementation of new equipment and technologies.
- Provide technical support on complex process and production issues.
- Manage capital and improvement projects to ensure on-scope, on-time, on budget completion is achieved.
- Share engineering best practices and incorporate standardization across the network.
- Provide ongoing process evaluation; including trials & capability studies.
- Coordinate, balance and prioritize multiple projects and internal/external resources.
- Work at a self-directed, efficient pace and possess a high level of energy and initiative.
- Collaborate across regions and functions.
- Guide the successful completion of major programs in a leadership role.
- Interact with senior level personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
What you will need to bring to the team:
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) required.
- 7+ Years manufacturing experience.
- Previous experience with automation processes required.
- Experience with robotics, stretch wrapping and banding applications.
- Ability to develop, implement, monitor, measure, and control functional improvement plans.
- Problem solving and decision analysis skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence others.
- Approachable, effective in giving/receiving feedback.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.