- 250 Chester St, Painesville, OH 44077, USA
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio-frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison is seeking a Quality Analyst for the Performance Tapes business located in Painesville, OH. The position is part of the recently organized Industrial & Healthcare Materials Business, a division of Avery Dennison. In this role, you will be responsible for specification control, improving new product development process, and specification transition process. This position requires the ability to drive improvement across multiple functional areas. We are looking for a good problem solver who is committed to ensuring that the root cause of the problem is addressed. You are joining a high performing team that is passionate about achieving set goals and targets.
- Primary Manufacturing Specification Coordinator for product lifecycle within the ERP and Specification Control systems
- Build new product specifications, and maintain existing specifications
- Coordinate with suppliers and Finance Department for monthly updates for pricing and specification changes
- Generate certification letters for products being shipped to customers
- Review and document incoming raw material Certificate of Analysis (CoA) reports.
- Ensure rigorous compliance to ISO 9001 standards, procedures, work instructions and test methods.
- Collaborate with PMA lab employees in the review of product testing .
- Participate in or lead cross function group projects for continuous improvement, software and standard implementation and/or problem solving activities
- Present information and effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Support training of others in specification creation and transitioning processes.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- 1-3 years technical experience
- Ability to operate with little supervision in a complex environment
- A clear communicator with ability for interacting at many levels in the organization
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Experience with Specification Control
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as ERP, Microsoft Office, Google Applications, Lotus Notes and other documentation control systems
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines