- Lot 6, Jalan P/2, Kawasan Perusahaan Bangi,, Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor, my
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion.
Learn more at www.averydennison.com
Manage the overall coating performance in terms of productivity, production efficiency, quality, scrap, manpower optimization, safety, cost control and autonomous maintenance. You will be based in Bangi and will report to Plant Manager.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Oversee the production/manufacturing related activities to achieve operational efficiencies.
- Lead and implement operational improvement strategies for productivity, quality safety, cost savings and training.
- Maintain quality control in coating line to ensure products meet quality standards;
- Monitor work to meet unforeseen circumstances, control workflow to ensure maximum use of available capacity and effective use of labor, tools and equipments.
- Collaborate with other functional areas to resolve problems and improve manufacturing processes.
- Lead the team to comply with Environmental, Health and Safety policies and achieve safety target.
- Promote teamwork within the coating team as well as other functions at the shop floor level.
- Execute/Support A3 for Scrap and quality and ensure A3’s implementation.
- Lead 5S activities, housekeeping and involve in recycling program.
- Drive improvement initiatives in key metric areas, manage production flow, staffing schedule and resources to budget and plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Chemical) required.
- 5+ years Operations/Manufacturing experience with 3+ manufacturing leadership experience is required.
- Demonstrated successful experience in leading and managing individuals and teams is required.
- Hands on experience of modern manufacturing, material flow and improvement strategies (e.g. ELS, continuous flow, cellular etc.) and the ability to integrate those into the operation.
- Experience in EHS is required.
- Demonstrated understanding and skills in project and program management is preferred.
- Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, ISO or related experience preferred.
- Strong logical and analytical skills.
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Annual Medical Checkup.
- Group insurance.
- Additional Dental/Optical Cover spouse and children
- Company Allowance.
- 1 month fix bonus