- 751 N Todd Ave, Azusa, CA 91702, USA
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
We are looking for a Automation/Controls Engineer to join our Engineering Technology Group in Azusa, CA. This team is responsible for developing, optimizing, and implementing proprietary process technologies and equipment for our manufacturing plants worldwide. Technologies can include; precision coating, extrusion, thermal embossing, drying/curing, lamination and other web-based processes such as printing and label converting.
In this position, you will support senior staff through all phases of project execution, from concept design, to scale-up, to commercialization and requires close collaboration with vendors and our plants globally with a special focus on automation and control of high precision electro-mechanical systems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and implementation of precision motion control systems, with focus on tight tolerance machine design.
- Support global projects that require mechanical design, and process automation and motion control expertise.
- Inspection, installation, and commissioning of our proprietary equipment in manufacturing facilities worldwide.
- Coordinate and manage resources, including outside vendors and Avery divisional personnel, to ensure that the equipment and processes provided meet all requirements and specifications.
- Design and execute necessary experiments in support of design and project objectives.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- BS degree in Electrical, Electro-Mechanical, or Mechanical Engineering with a concentration in automation and controls required.
- 5 years of relevant work experience also desired. Masters degree a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise and proficiency in PLC programming (especially Rockwell and Siemens platforms). Knowledge in Servo Motion is a plus.
- Proficiency in Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools also required.
- Must possess competence in mechanical systems design skills and process technology understanding in order to take a project from concept design through commercialization.
- Must be willing and able to travel within the USA and internationally.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.