- 1300 Thames St, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Avery Dennison is Everywhere You Look. Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
About Your Role
The Account Specialist works as an integral part of a sales team in driving initiatives to provide intelligent, creative, sustainable solutions to key retail and apparel accounts. This position supports the team by providing accurate and timely reports, trend information and data analysis. The Account Specialist communicates regularly with customers to provide information, answer questions, and develop strong partnerships. The Account Specialist sustains internal account management processes and best practices to meet and exceed sales quota targets. This is an ideal position for an insightful, motivated, high-potential person with aspirations of pursuing a future sales career.
Account Specialists may lead some or all of these daily activities to support the sales team:
- Understanding the customer’s business model and goals, and our role in enabling their success
- Creating and maintaining inventory reports and customer sales reports
- Managing product development trackers and price lists
- Resolving RBO, order, quality, or deployment issues
- Creating and sustaining program launch playbooks
- Preparing and managing the financial forecast and RFID forecast
- Creating sample boards and preparing customer presentations
- Tracking rebates
- Managing the material forecast to support internal site readiness for orders
- Setting up customers for web ordering
- Tracking our compliance with waste management
- Identifying insightful ways to make account management process most efficient by implementing best practices and proactively addressing anticipated account needs
- Working with the teams across Avery Dennison to support sales growth
- Leading account management activities such as conducting store audits, attending customer meetings, and maintaining account planners for smaller accounts
- BS/BA required, majors in business management, marketing, or graphic arts strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in the retail apparel industry strongly preferred.
- Must be strong at analyzing and interpreting complex data sets.
- Outstanding internal and external communication and customer service required.
- Recent college graduates desiring to pursue professional-level sales and/or marketing opportunities strongly encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We do not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates using their personal email addresses.