PRINT BAND MACHINE OPERATOR
- 170 Monarch Ln, Miamisburg, OH 45342, USA
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
You would be responsible for unloading, cleaning, and loading transfer molds using breaking tooling and various hand tools; also for set-up and operations of print band slitter, as well as painting and wiping bands for readability. This position is on second shift.
- Interpret order specifications, set-ups and/or special instructions and band specification sheets.
- Responsible for the proper care and general maintenance of all molds, tools, gauges and fixtures used. Responsible for routine equipment/fixture inspection. Report repair/replacement needs to supervisor.
- Operate automatic mold breaker to open and close transfer molds. Perform loading/unloading transfer mold process which includes; using correct blades for molds, removing molded band shots, cleaning excess material from blades, screws and mold, loosening molded shots on blades, trimming excess flash and placing in water bath to cool.
- Operate and adjust automatic Mold Sprayer. Adjust and make up mold release for sprayer. Clean molds using brushes and air hoses.
- Set-up, operate and check thread tension on winding machine to wind proper web for molding, per specification. Set-up includes ensuring automatic spray fixture is properly aligned for complete coverage of blades and spray tank contains solution. Ensure detent is engaged properly and appropriate cord is being used per guidelines.
- Set-up and install tooling on slitting machine to slit bands per specifications. Prepare and adjust slitting head using micrometers, verniers, shims, spacers and optical viewer; Adjust slitting machine per specifications and guidelines.
- Perform slitting, making critical minute adjustments as required to produce quality bands within specification.
- Set-up paint conveyor line, which includes the assembly of paint guns, paint preparation and routine cleaning and maintenance; Operation includes washing bands before painting, correct placement of bands on conveyor line, and performing quality inspections to ensure proper paint coverage; Run hot stamp machines and place bands in racks for drying; Segregate bands into storage bins by pattern and style.
- Proper use and disposal of various cleaning solvents; keeping accurate and detailed chemical usage records essential.
- Record and report all finished production and other department required reporting.
- Train, assist, and support other team members in problem solving, and meeting department goals; continuously review current processes and search out methods to improve product/process quality, reduce waste rework, and unnecessary work that adds no value to the work or process.
- Participate in department ELS training, Kaizen, and 5S for process improvement; assist in other areas as required.
- Based on business need, assist/support in other job functions within the process or other company processes within scope and ability.
- Be cognizant of all safety guidelines, and adhere to established PPE.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret specifications, guidelines and instructions.
- Possess good communication skills and work as a member of a team.
- Successfully complete and pass the Hazardous Material Information Systems (HMIS) training.
- Learn how to use various measuring devices.
- Able to continuously stand, reach, pull and push.
- Good vision is important.
- Tolerate contact with various solvents and related fumes.
- Regularly lift 50 lbs. and slide molds on conveyor line weighing up to 120 lbs.
- Safety conscious.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.