Maintenance Technician - Nights - Bldg 5
- 250 Chester St, Painesville, OH 44077, USA
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio-frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Our Performance Tapes facility has immediate openings for an experienced maintenance technician. Avery Dennison offers paid vacation, paid holidays, a 401k with a company match along with comprehensive health insurance. Our pay rates are highly competitive with starting pay at $25.00 an hour with a shift differential of $0.90 an hour.
As a Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for the repair and upkeep of equipment and facility. Activities include both planned and predictive maintenance and break down repair. You will work 12 hour night shift (7pm-7am), 2-2-3 schedule.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Locating and diagnosing failures, replacing defective components, and performing basic troubleshooting using standard equipment, detailed drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications, prints, manuals, and verbal and/or written instructions.
- Repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment such as pneumatic tools, motors, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment using testing instruments, hand and power tools and precision-measuring instruments.
- Performing a wide variety of functions such as installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment for generating, distributing, and utilizing electrical energy. Using instruments to test circuits and replaces or installs new power, light, electronic and control circuits.
- Troubleshooting electrical malfunctions, inspecting circuits and wiring for shielding and grounding, and testing electrical equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Repairing complex electrical equipment, including motors, switches, switchboards, electrical mechanisms, automated machines, controls, panels, relays, circuit breakers, communication systems and alarms.
- Working from schematics, drawings, layouts, or other specifications to locate and diagnose trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
- Improvising acceptable fixes to get equipment running promptly.
- Assisting engineers in diagnosing problems and suggesting corrective action.
- Properly inspecting and maintaining shop equipment, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Preparing new machines and production equipment for operation.
- Following a strict preventive maintenance schedule to lessen exposure to downtime related to repairs and maintenance.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area and adhere to all safety polices.
- Consistently working in a safe manner with regard to self, co-workers, and manufacturing systems.
- Performing general housekeeping tasks and waste removal within department/group and assists other areas as required.
- Continuously reviewing current processes and searches out improvement methods to improve product/process quality and reduce waste, rework, and unnecessary work that adds no value to the work or process.
- Assisting and supporting other team members in meeting department and site goals.
- Contributing and participating in team decision making. Provide support in project work and other special requests.
- Providing support to the production team to produce superior quality materials that meet/exceed client needs. This role supports the needs of manufacturing and facilities to ensure both are in top working order.
- Painting structures, performing masonry work, repairing plumbing fixtures and woodwork.
- Repairing, assisting in repairing or overseeing contracted personnel on heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
- Performing or supervising janitorial services and grounds maintenance such as landscaping, lawn care and snow removal.
- Other tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 3 - 5 years previous experience required
- Certifications in specialty area required as applicable. Or acquire within specified timing any licenses necessary to perform the job.
- Good interpersonal skills, mathematical aptitude, mechanical/technical skills and aptitude and logical problem solving skills necessary.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment with a highly participate work system.
- Ability to work independently in a safe and timely manner necessary.
- Must be motivated towards productivity improvements, safety and quality awareness.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled