Service, Materials and Logistics Manager
- 670 Hardy Rd, Painesville, OH 44077, USA
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
The Service, Materials and Logistics Manager manages activities of those engaged in the movement of raw and finished materials, storage, production scheduling, and inventory control activities, including transportation, distribution, and logistics. The Service, Materials and Logistics Manager will maintain customer relations with regard to supply side/service activities and will be responsible for the production and finished goods procurement processes, order fulfillment and logistics.
- Lead, coach, and facilitate short-term and long-range objectives related to the overall supply chain function
- Supervise and work in a hands-on role that will include daily planning/scheduling, procurement, and logistics management.
- Plan and forecast inventory to include managing inventory levels and inventory turns and minimizing obsolescence, scrap, aged inventories and inventory reserves.
- Continuously improve strategic processes involving forecasting, demand management, and the development of effective internal tools
- Maximize production efficiency through reduced changeovers and downtime due to raw materials/component shortages.
- Develop and implement new, effective programs/policies for supplier, transportation and logistic management.
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly inventory & service reports as well as participate in the monthly metrics review.
- Provide project management and Supply Chain, Materials Management, and Logistics leadership.
- Accountable for departmental budget and project deliverables. Secure and allocate appropriate resources and manage projects to meet Divisional goals and achieve financial objectives.
- Lead cross-functional teams on projects. Communicate and work with all levels of the organization. Manage a large multi-function program or a set of projects. Interact with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- Strong awareness of competition and impact of strategies and tactics in the marketplace.
- Leverage internal/external experts in network to accomplish goals.
- Expert in Enterprise Lean Sigma (ELS) process. Lead the formulation and development of projects. Provide direction and guidance to project leader. Monitor progress on schedule, budget and technical output. Provide guidance to the team on ELS projects.
- Responsible for clear, focused leadership to further reduce the barriers to delivering competitive advantage via global size and scale.
- Actively engage in translating best practices in the areas of experimental and organizational design and development, cost modeling and developing enhanced internal and external relationships to support local and international businesses.
- Responsible for delivery of short-term and-long term results in order to develop and maintain the organization’s credibility with the business and creating opportunities for the function to add greater value to the business.
- Use business trends and customer needs to create actionable goals that create competitive advantage.
- Ensure compliance with government regulations.
Employee Development & Management:
- Train and provide development opportunities for staff. Ensure annual goals are complete and communicated. Ensure Global Performance Management System is up-to-date and regular feedback is provided to staff members.
- Monitor and evaluate team members, and adjust training where needed.
- Attract, retain and develop high potential talent.
- Model and promote the Corporation’s Code of Business Ethics and Values.
- Perform general management duties, exercising usual authority concerning staff, performance appraisals, promotions and terminations. Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
- Act as a team role model and change-agent.
- Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals.
- Coordinate team efforts, create and manage a regional strategy and team operating plan.
Strategic Transformation and Long-term Strategy Development:
- Provide leadership to select local and/or global Supply Chain initiatives.
- Develop and execute appropriate business plans/multi-generation Supply Chain plans to identify trends, opportunities for marketplace advantage and new ideas for products, processes and services. Direct Supply Chain activities.
- Develop Supply Chain Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measures (OGSM) for assigned area and confirm linkage to global business strategies.
- Lead benchmarking of Supply Chain-related topics in support of divisional goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- 5+ years in Supply Chain Management or related experience
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of material management including procurement, supplier management, planning, scheduling, capacity management, forecasting, logistics, production, and inventory control. APICS certification strongly recommended
- Project lead experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of modern manufacturing, material flow and improvement strategies (e.g. ELS, continuous flow, cellular etc.) and the ability to integrate those into the operation.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial systems and the key drivers within the manufacturing environment.
- Strong organizational skills in strategy, communication at all levels and execution.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to lead, contribute, and influence others in a team-based organization
- Excellent organizational and people skills, project management skills, with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate to both internal and external stakeholders and business partners.
- Experience working within Oracle EB2 preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.