Business Unit Director, Central America
- Villanueva, Cortes Honduras, Villanueva, Cortes, hn
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
About Avery Dennison RBIS
Avery Dennison RBIS, a global leader in apparel and footwear industry solutions, is a $1.6 billion division of Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY). Avery Dennison RBIS provides intelligent creative and sustainable solutions that elevate brands and accelerate performance throughout the global retail supply chain. We elevate brands through graphic tickets, tags and labels, embellishments and packaging solutions that enhance consumer appeal. We accelerate performance through RFID enabled inventory and loss prevention solutions, price management, global compliance, and brand security solutions. Based in Westborough, Massachusetts Avery Dennison RBIS responsibly serves the global marketplace with operations in 115 locations, 50 countries, across 6 continents. For more information, visit www.rbis.averydennison.com.
The Business Unit Director will be responsible for the management of multiple functional areas that includes: Operations, Sales, Supply Chain, Quality, Customer Service, Product Development and Environmental and Safety. This position has not direct selling responsibility, but is responsible for overseeing the achievement of Sales goals, and has full P&L responsibility. Will communicate vision and expectation levels to unit members. The strategy must be reliant upon the strategic direction of corporate vision and company goals by empower, select, coach and retain qualified staff that contributes to unit and company goals. Will integrate different team functions and ensure the highest quality performance through feedback, training and development. Coordinating with other managers and directors, report and integrate policies and objectives.
Excellence in Execution – drive near/midterm results and performance
- Lead the business team in exceeding objectives, including all elements of the P&L.
- Achieve maximum levels of productivity, ensuring that the business benefits from the lowest possible cost and best value.
- Responsible for clear, focused leadership to further reduce the barriers to delivering competitive advantage via global size and scale.
- Actively engage in utilizing company best practices to increase efficiency and profit margins.
- Actively engage in translating best practices in the areas of strategic sourcing, organization design and development, cost modeling, and developing enhanced supplier relationships to support local and international businesses.
- Responsible for delivery of short-term and long-term results in order to develop and maintain the organization’s credibility with the business and creating opportunities for the function to add greater value to the business.
- Translate market trends and customer needs into actionable goals that create competitive advantage.
- Support the sales team on developing a pipeline of growth opportunities.
- Manage boundaries across internal divisions and product line teams.
- Act as a team role model and change-agent.
- Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals.
- Coordinate team efforts, implement strategy and team operating plan.
Strategic Transformation and Long-term strategy development
- Assist in developing and implementing long-term Sales and Marketing strategies that are geared toward developing greater market share and profitability, on a local, domestic and/or global front.
- Develop Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measures (OGSM) for assigned areas and confirm linkage to global business strategies.
- Lead benchmarking of topics in support of your functional area’s goals.
- Determine and position customer product needs information regarding product quality, industry Best Practices, product applications, and consultative services.
- Identify customer needs and assess divisional benefits. Set goals to meet and accomplish these needs.
- Identify, set direction, and manage technical support of new markets and specialty business development initiatives. Identify new products that have broad market potential and translate them to multiple customers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- 12+ years related business experience, emphasizing sales, operations and business development.
- 8+ years management experience required, with cross-functional management experience.
- Understanding of product and technical information desired.
- Strong experience in strategic leadership needed, international exposure.
- Possess leadership, mentoring, training and project management experience and skills.
- Skilled in effectively coaching, teaching, and developing solid sales and negotiation skills within the Sales and Marketing teams.
- Demonstrated success in cross-regional projects or initiatives.
- Strong experience negotiating large/major contracts.
- Advanced business and financial acumen needed.
- Experience in planning and forecasting, with practical experience in researching new opportunities and implementing successful account penetration.
- Skilled in communicating effectively with all levels of management on complex business issues.
- Must be able to champion new business ventures. This will require excellent organizational and people skills, project management skills, with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner.
- Experience in strategic leadership and negotiation.
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes and function specific software.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Full bilingual Spanish-English
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER