1st Shift Molder/Packer
- 224 Industrial Rd, Fitchburg, MA 01420, USA
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
Avery Dennison is a global leader in pressure-sensitive adhesives and materials, labels, tags, retail systems and specialty chemicals. The Fastener Solutions Division of Avery Dennison is a worldwide manufacturer of plastic fastening systems used in the automotive, apparel, retail, industrial and packaging industries. Our three-shift injection molding and extrusion operation is located in Fitchburg, MA. The Fastener Solutions Division is ISO/TS 16949 certified.
Molder/Packer ensures proper labeling, packaging and quality of product. Checks product and packaging quality on a regular basis, informs supervisor of problems or trends. Packages product as it comes from injection/extrusion machines and systems. Cleans and maintain work area. Grinds as needed during the shift. Adds water to specific plastic bags and properly heat seal. Other related duties as assigned, for example may perform rework tasks. Your work hours will be from 7:00 am - 3:00 pm; occasional overtime as needed.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Operate molding/extrusion machines for maximum production and quality.
- Unjams and resets secondary equipment as necessary, following proper safety procedures. Makes boxes for outgoing product.
- Visually inspects product. Informs Team Leader or Process Technician of recurring problems with equipment.
- Ensure good housekeeping to include grinding excess material, sweeping floor and organizing packaging material needed at workstation.
- Verifies counts, weights, and quality of product being packed.
- Adds water as required to ensure proper packaging of certain product.
- Heat seals as needed. Segregates bad product and informs Team Leader/Process Technician of any quality trends or concerns. Keeps track of machine problems in the paperwork/forms provided.
- Follows established work instructions, policies and procedures. Covers breaks as needed throughout the shift.
- Support safety efforts on the shift. Support housekeeping for Production floor as required.
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
High School Diploma or (GED); or one to three month of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.