Finishing Operator - OTM II - B Shift
- 2415 Industrial Dr, Neenah, WI 54956, USA
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
As a Finishing operator, you will be responsible for functions occurring within the Finishing operations. You may be assigned to duties that include: packaging slit rolls to customer specifications, operating the manual packaging line, cutting cores, banding, etc. This requires the understanding of Avery Dennison standard packaging practices and the Exact program packing requirements. Higher level roles in the Finishing operations include the operation of slitting, rewinding and/or automated packaging equipment. This position may be required to rotate. You will work B Shift (2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.).
This posting is for the Neenah Finishing department and is subject to shift alignment. All interested individuals are encouraged to apply, with those currently in the Neenah Finishing department receiving first consideration.
In this important role, you will also be responsible for:
- Sorting, labeling and packaging finished goods for shipment, per customer specifications, quality requirements and standard practices.
- Inspecting general appearance of finished product.
- Keeping area supplied with necessary packaging materials.
- Preparing cores for machine operators.
- Communicating and coordinating necessary information to appropriate shift/department personnel to ensure effective operations.
- Tracking multiple orders being packed at one time.
- Performing duties to continuously improve quality and productivity.
- Maintaining a clean, safe work area.
- Performing 5S duties and audits.
- Assisting in equipment maintenance activities, as directed.
- Participating in group problem-solving teams and continuous improvement activities.
- Performing all other duties assigned by supervisor.
What we will be looking for in you:
- You regard safety as a core value; serve as role model for other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices, policies and procedures.
- You have a strong service and quality focus; address issues effectively when problems arise and take initiative to understand root cause, then communicate / educate the team in a timely manner.
- You actively contribute in a team-based environment; encourage open communication and positive interaction with peers and management to effectively reach common goals.
- You must be able and willing to work overtime, including short-notice requests.
- You will be required show proficiency with computer applications.
- You must be able to obtain a Lift Truck Operator’s license and be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/DisabledAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.