Temporary Production Operator (Fixed term - 12 months)
- Avery Dennison Dublin, Unit 35 Fonthill Industrial Park, Fonthill Road, Dublin, Clondalkin, ie
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
Undertaking a variety of production tasks; e.g. operating cutting and rewinding machinery, fork-truck driving, picking and returning material from stock and inventory control and packing.
Working as part of a team, you will be required to support and contribute towards the drive for continuous improvement and support departmental improvement initiatives encompassing People, Safety, Quality, Service, & Cost.
- This is a permanent full time role.
- 40 hours per week
- Shift pattern is 06.00-14.00 and 14.00-22.00
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Make safety number one priority at all times
- Ensure 100% support of behavioral safety programme and active support across the shift
- Be an effective member of the team in line with business goals via daily supervision and the application of the Avery Dennison GPS process
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork with counterparts on other shifts and other key contacts within the D.C and Avery Dennison organization
- Support and drive continuous improvement initiatives across the shift in line with key quality targets i.e. Quality Index, Customer Complaints, Quality Audit Schedules
- Work closely with process engineering and quality department to identify and address main drivers effecting quality and implement solutions
- Support continuous improvement initiatives to drive key service metrics i.e.
- flexibility, reliability, volume, flexibility
- Work closely with engineering to ensure effective support and maintenance around critical production assets
- Strong team player
- Effective communicator
- Results driven and willing to take initiatives
- High level of safety awareness – i.e. demonstrated competencies in risk assessment, permit to work and the Avery Dennison behavioural safety programme preferred
- Strong analytical skills/problem solving abilities
- Computer literate preferred
- High degree of commitment, values and integrity
- Able to demonstrate track record of delivering results in line with business goals
- Experience of working within a process operation environment
- Knowledge of slitting/packaging would be an advantage
At Avery Dennison we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusion as an integral part of the employee experience.
We're committed to workplace diversity because it’s the right thing to do – both for employees and for the business. We create a more inclusive workplace where every employee has an opportunity to be and do their very best.
So whatever your race, sexuality, disability, religion, gender or even non-gender, we recognise and celebrate your differences.
Be different. Be You.