- 513 Hwy 74 S, Peachtree City, GA 30269, USA
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
As a Finishing Operator, you will be responsible for functions occurring within the finishing center operations. You may be assigned to duties that include packaging slit rolls to customer specifications, operating the manual packaging line, cutting cores, banding, etc . This requires the understanding of Avery Dennison standard packaging practices, and the Exact program packing requirements. Higher level roles in the finishing operations include the operation of slitting, rewinding, and/or automated packaging equipment. This position may be required to rotate. Typical work hours are Monday through Friday on B shift
.In this important role you will also be responsible for:
Activities and duties may vary dependent upon site specific needs. Essential functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Sort, label, and package finished goods for shipment per customer specifications, quality requirements, and standard practices
- Inspect general appearance of finished product
- Keep area supplied with necessary packaging materials
- Prepare cores for machine operators • Communicate and coordinate necessary information to appropriate shift/department personnel to ensure effective operations
- Track multiple orders being packed at one time.
- Perform duties to continuously improve quality and productivity
- Maintain a clean, safe work area
- Perform 5S duties and audits
- Assist in equipment maintenance activities as directed
- Participate in group problem-solving teams and continuous improvement activities.
- Perform all other duties assigned by Supervisor
What we will be looking for in you:
- You regard safety as a core value; serve as role model for other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices, policies and procedures.
- You have strong service and quality focus; address issues effectively when problems arise and take initiative to understand root cause, then communicate / education team in a timely manner.
- Actively contribute in a team based environment; encourage open communication and positive interaction with peers and management to effectively reach a common goal.
- You will need to be able and willing to work overtime, including short-notice requests.
- You will be required show proficiency with computer applications
- Be able to obtain Lift Truck Operator’s license and be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/DisabledAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.