Regional Safety and Health Manager
- Mentor, OH
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
Avery Dennison is Everywhere You Look. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE:AVY) with sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. At Avery Dennison we not only embrace change… we drive it. We work hard, push hard, and take brave risks. Our culture is innovative and collaborative - where bold ideas turn into action. We grow strong talent through stretch opportunities only restricted by your interests. At Avery Dennison we do what we love and love what we do. Do you love what you do? Come work with us.
We are looking for a Regional Safety and Health Manager to support multiple sites located in the U.S and Canada. In this role, you will oversee both divisional and site specific improvements related to injury prevention.
What you will be doing:
As part of our team, you will operate under general guidance from the NA Director of EHS to assess and develop facility specific improvements, procedures & processes to comply with Company requirements and initiatives as well as federal, state & local regulations.
- Filter, translate, and implement global shared best practices across NA sites.
- Identify and implement prior injury and significant event solutions at facilities with similar opportunities to prevent recurrence.
- Partner with site resources to provide hands on injury prevention support to NA sites without professional safety resources. (direct accountability)
- Primary contact to facilitate and support injury prevention initiatives at facilities where professional safety resources are in place.
- Drive standardization across all facilities in NA related to EHS policies, procedures, tools and systems.
- Provide strategic direction for plant leadership to impact injury reduction activities to sustain world class recordable rate <1.0 and Avery Dennison targets of <0.5.
What you will need to bring to the team:
- Bachelors degree in safety, mechanical, chemical or industrial engineering or other related field of study.
- 10+ years experience in mechanical / technical field or manufacturing leadership position in conjunction with EHS program administration required.
- Ability to read and understand complex regulatory requirements.
- Ability to develop training material and effectively conduct employee training.
- Ability to develop written procedures.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle position responsibilities and multiple projects at a time.
- Demonstrated project leadership.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong analytical, research and report writing skills.
- Understanding of applicable computer systems , such as Autocad, MS Office, Google Collaboration tools, internet, and function specific software.
- Experience dealing with regulatory authorities.
- Experience in project management and managing mulitple sites.
- Willingness to travel 10-20% of time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.