- Rancho Cucamonga, CA
About Avery Dennison Corporation:
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at
Avery Dennison is seeking a Shipping Coordinator in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. You will primarily support the facility with general logistics supports. Additionally, you will provide daily logistics support to the facility.
You will work 8 hour shifts from 4 pm to 12 am, Monday through Friday.
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
Arrange for freight pick-ups and communicate freight status to appropriate contacts.
Work with transportation group and outside carriers to ensure on time delivery and meet customer expectations.
Receive materials and equipment to support production and verify receipts in related computer systems (e.g.Ariba, MFG Pro).
Accurately generate and file all shipping documentations including Bill of Lading, Packing Lists, Customer Sales Orders, Transfer Orders, Vendor Shipment Returns and Parcel Package Documents.
Process, close and file receivers.
Load and unload trucks to inventory and silos as applicable (e.g. resins, bulk rolls, scrap, packaging materials, cores, end-boards etc.)
Provide daily back-up support to other DC Coordinators
Manage packaging recycling program with vendor and customers
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to become tow motor certified.
- Excellent computer skills required. Knowledge of basic PC programs. Working knowledge of Google mail and applications is a plus.
- Experience with transactional functions in mainframe computer systems (e.g. shipping / receiving functions) preferred.
- Adaptive, flexible, and able to handle ambiguity and multi-task across multiple assignments.
- Motivated towards productivity improvements, safety and quality awareness.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with a highly participative team-work system.
- Willingness to learn new tools and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Safety record to reflect positive attitude and performance.
- Skilled in working independently in a safe and timely manner necessary.
- Willingness and ability to recognize and address unsafe acts or at-risk conditions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
When applying to this position, please use Internet Explorer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled