Manager, Internal Audit (Americas)
- Mentor, OH
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
The primary responsibility of this person includes:
- Conduct financial, compliance and operational audits to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of processes and controls. In addition, evaluate safeguarding of company assets, investigate irregularities, and assess compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Responsible for preparing formal written reports expressing an overall opinion on the processes / functions being reviewed, providing valuable recommendations, and conducting closing meetings with management.
- Coordinate and schedule audits, defining audit scope and testing procedures and openly communicating with appropriate personnel and level of management for each function or activity being reviewed before, during and after the assignment.
- Ensure audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk.
- Ensure proper controls and accounting practices are in place for each affiliate / function audited.
- Develop productive working relationships with those Associates with whom you interact.
- Craft / maintain a very positive image of the audit function by providing beneficial services.
- Effectively lead your assignments to ensure objectives are achieved and work is completed within established time frames - including writing a clear and concise audit report with an agreed-upon management action plan with due dates and identifying individuals responsible for implementation
- Consistently Identify profit improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance, and or other business related field required.
- 5-9 years of cross-functional auditing, accounting, financial reporting, and operational experience.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience reviewing accounting records and financial reporting packages, under US GAAP and/or IFRS requirements required.
- Proficiency understanding auditing and improving process efficiency and internal controls required.
- Analytical with strong initiative and leadership capabilities. Able to influence management and deliver valuable audit-related action items required.
- Self-confident and able to build partnerships with various levels within the organization and business unit personnel with diplomacy and tact.
- Positive mind-set and creative thinking - always looking for improvement and cost saving opportunities.
- Strong communication skills to function effectively in teams, one-on-one situations, presentations, effective writing and listening skills, etc. required
- Ability to quickly identify problems, develop practical solutions, make good judgments and decisions, and act accordingly.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or on a team.
- 3 years prior supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Certification such as CPA, CIA or equivalent (M). CFE, CISA, MBA or other related certification is a plus.
- Consulting/Auditing and Big 4 experience are distinctive advantage points.
- Experience working for a Manufacturing, Consumer Goods company strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Oracle, PeopleSoft, MFG Pro, HFM and other ERP platforms, a big plus.
- International experience preferred
- Spanish language fluency is a plus.
There will be approximately 35% travel for this role which includes the Americas and Europe.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.