Dean, Grades 10-12 - São Paulo
- São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
- Division: Secondary Division
- Job Group: Administration
- Campus: São Paulo
- Work Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online, Avenues London. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues | The World School prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues' distinctive academic program makes our graduates uniquely compelling applicants for the most selective postsecondary pursuits. Deans provide individualized support and expertise, helping identify the best fit for students based on their passions and aspirations. A Dean is a leader (also mentor, cheerleader, confidant, and occasional tough-love-giver) who supports students' wellbeing, partners deeply with their families and supports their journey to what's next. Above all, deans build powerful, lasting relationships with students that extend for years during, and then beyond, their time at Avenues. In this role you will:
Foster students' wellbeing, through powerful relationships and mentoring
- Advise and guide 80-90 students and their families across grades 10-12. Your students will feel known, mentored and supported; their families will rave about you.
- Be a key mentor and supporter in the life of each of your students
- Be a highly effective support system around the diverse challenges students encounter during high school
- Ensure that Avenues effectively supports each student to thrive, following through with colleagues and families to best support each unique individual
- Teach, and help refine, an advisory curriculum focused on wellbeing and preparation for postsecondary success
Guide students to well-chosen, great-fit, selective pursuits after high school
- Expertly guide the entire college process, leading to students wisely choosing desirable, selective post-secondary pursuits where they'll thrive
- Ensure students and families feel well informed and prepared for the college process
- Anchor the college process in powerful relationships with students and their families
Join a dynamic, collaborative team
- Enthusiastically contribute to a deans team dedicated to all Avenues students' wellbeing
- Be a relentlessly resourceful and collaborative colleague, partnering with faculty, student support, division leaders, and families on students' success, growth and happiness
If this role is for you, you'll read what's below and feel, "that's me!"
- You love and respect teenagers. You feel deeply passionate about supporting them to learn, grow and thrive as people
- You're energized by both dimensions of this work: the holistic support for students and the strategic college counseling
- You believe that going to college should be about finding a right match for each student
- You can build deep relationships with high school students and their families, as strong partnerships with families are key to student success
- You have several years of experience in college counseling and/or admissions
- You communicate in lucid, compelling ways with a high level of accountability and responsiveness
- You navigate difficult conversations with grace and empathy
- You effectively handle multiple priorities in a fast-moving environment
Apply through the Careers section at https://www.avenues.org/en/careers. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues São Paulo would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions.
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.