Application Engineer, 80-100% (f/m/d)
- Kurfürstendamm 119, 10711 Berlin, Germany
Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
In our DevTech division, we deliver highly scalable and performant software – with passion. We consist of hundreds of Software Engineers, Architects, Product Owners and Cluster Leads. Our vision is clear – we want to code software that provides simplicity for a new era. And we think that we are quite good, at what we do, working with brilliant people on future-ready solutions every day. Our flat hierarchies enable each and every one to have a voice and we are always looking for new ones, helping us to become even more innovative.
We have different teams looking for Application Engineers (be it Platform Management & Integration, Engage & Wealth, Transactional Functions, Banking Core) and look forward to drive our mission together with you.
- Analyse and implement customer requirements
- Maintenance of existing functionality
- Provide support to other development teams (some in other international locations) that need to modify/use the software
- Technical support of customer projects (new implementation of the Avaloq Banking Suite or upgrades)
- Development of automated tests
What you need
- University degree in technical or scientific studies or comparable training
- At least 2 years of work experience in software development
- Experience with scripting languages e.g. PL/SQL
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Very good skills in analysing technical problems
- Interpersonal and communication skills
You will get extra points for the following
- Solid experience in Oracle SQL
- Avaloq Certification
- Fluency in German (written and spoken)
- Knowhow of the banking industry, products, and processes
Now let's talk about perks and compensation
We offer high flexibility in regards to working models (e.g. part time and home office models are possible depending on business requirements). Our base salaries are competitive and if you prove to be a superstar, you might even be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
At Avaloq we embrace diversity, we embrace difference. We are whole-heartedly committed to equal employment opportunities and we foster an inclusive culture where everyone’s' contributions are valued and their voices are listened to. We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Please note that our job descriptions are intended to be written in an inclusive and gender neutral language.
Don’t be shy – apply!
Please only apply online, preferably with pdf documents.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.