Software Engineer - Security Team
- Allmendstrasse, Zürich, Switzerland
Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally.
The Avaloq Security team is an international team of analysts, senior and expert software engineers and architects. The Avaloq Security team develops and maintains central application security frameworks and tools for all companywide technology stacks and consults the business teams on best practice implementations for context specific security requirements. It furthermore operates the group-wide application security assessments, monitors the security vulnerabilities and supports the business teams in related risk mitigation plans.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Analysis, design and development of requirements in collaboration with colleagues of Product Development, customers, business analysts and software partners
- Collaboration and contribution in projects across departments
- Preparation and execution of workshops as a subject matter expert
You should have the following qualifications:
- University degree preferably in IT, Mathematics or Physics
You should also possess:
- an enthusiasm for complex multi-platform security solutions in the intranet and internet environment
- strong analytical skills and high standards of quality
- the ability to promote a positive attitude among the organization through personal behaviour
In addition, any of the following skills or experience would be highly beneficial:
- Exposure to Financial Markets and understanding of financial products
- Deep Knowledge on security concepts, industry standards and good practices
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals
With our compensation model, we want to share the success of the company with all our employees. We offer a competitive salary, a benefits package that includes private health and dental care, generous pension, annual bonus and extraordinary achievement rewards for those who go the extra mile.
For those relocating to Edinburgh from overseas or elsewhere in the UK, we also offer a relocation package to make your move that little bit easier.
In addition, we also offer the following:
- flexible working hours
- casual dress code
- annual personal training budget
- modern, open-plan office surroundings - multi-screens, adjustable sit/stand desks, dedicated dining area
- fantastic office perks - free fruit, tea & coffee machines, pool table, discounted gym membership, secure bicycle racks and shower facilities
- sociable, relaxed and friendly office culture - regular themed social events, sports and fitness clubs