SQL Server Backend Developer (Mid-Senior)
- Ayala Ave, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Employees can work remotely
Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
As a Back End Developer, you will be extending the data model to support new features required by the business. You will be operating and maintaining the existing data warehouse solution based on MS SQL Server and will be implementing new functionalities, providing design and user documentation.
- Design and implement database components using T-SQL (MSSQL)
- Design and implement MSSQL SSIS components/packages
- Setup a database test environment including deployment packages, and database security and testing strategies (test cases, unit tests etc.)
- Document new and existing database solution(s)
- Implement MSSQL Agent scheduling jobs
- Perform daily operations tasks incl. end user support of the CFBM MSSQL database
- Maintain source code in the BitBucket repositories
What you need:
- A Degree in Computer Science or any relevant degree (or equivalent experience)
- At least 2 years of work experience in the related field is required
- Must have hands on experience in MS SQL Server including SSIS
- Good Transact SQL (T-SQL) development experience
- Good Data Analysis and Data Modelling skills
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
You will get extra points for the following:
- Experience in Web Development or ASP.NET core web forms is a big plus
- Power BI Embedded experience is a plus
What we will offer you
We offer high flexibility in regards to working models (e.g. home office setup at the moment). Our base salaries are competitive and if you prove to be a superstar, you might even be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
At Avaloq we embrace diversity, we embrace difference. We are whole-heartedly committed to equal employment opportunities and we foster an inclusive culture where everyone’s' contributions are valued and their voices are listened to. We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Please note that our job descriptions are intended to be written in an inclusive and gender neutral language.
Don’t be shy – apply!
Please only apply online, preferably with pdf documents.