Head of Banking Tax Services Switzerland
- Strada Regina 40, 6934 Bióggio, Switzerland
Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
You lead the Tax CH team and provide high-quality BPaaS (Business Process as a Service) service. Your team consists of various, qualified tax banking specialists. Our mission is to deliver the tax service to our global customers. With the ultra-modern Avaloq software and reliable processes, we offer efficient services in a constantly changing banking environment. The team’s focus is to deliver the 3 below main services:
- US QI reporting
- Tax statements production
- Tax reclaims
The team is integrated in the BPaaS Global Asset Servicing division which includes Corporate Actions, Income and Tax. The division has teams located in 3 different regions (Switzerland, Germany and Singapore) and in 5 locations.
- Professional team management according to recognized best market practices
- Delivery of the tax services accordingly to our agreement with our clients
- Control of the budget (costs and revenues)
- Support in further developing the service
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with our clients
- Review of open critical issues, as well as finding solutions related to the handling of tax
- Regular exchanges with the team and business partners
- Process improvements, as well as support for projects related for the respective area of responsibility
- Initiate and/or support IT enhancements
- Support RFI, RFP and onboarding of new clients
- Willingness to travel to assist locally if required
What you need
- At least 2 years of experience in a people management position
- At least 3 years of experience in an operational banking tax position
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Quick comprehension, high flexibility, and resilience, as well as the ability to work in a multicultural and global working environment
- Positive, proactive, determined, and motivated personality
- Fluent in English; German, French and Italian is a plus
- Knowledge of Avaloq Core Banking System
Now let's talk about perks and compensation
We offer high flexibility in regards to working models (e.g. part time and home office models are possible depending on business requirements). Our base salaries are competitive and if you prove to be a superstar, you might even be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
At Avaloq we embrace diversity, we embrace difference. We are whole-heartedly committed to equal employment opportunities and we foster an inclusive culture where everyone’s' contributions are valued and their voices are listened to. We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Please note that our job descriptions are intended to be written in an inclusive and gender neutral language.
Don’t be shy – apply!
Please only apply online, preferably with pdf documents.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.