- Allmendstrasse 140, 8041 Zürich, Switzerland
Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
We are a small central business architecture team driving the strategy, migration and cross-functional evolution of the Avaloq Banking Suite into a cloud-based distributed system. We work independently with great autonomy and deliver results in agile projects, but collaborate closely with domain architects and developers of the various product teams and communicate intensely and proactively with many external and internal stakeholders. We ensure the overall consistency of the various products and bring in our cross-functional knowledge and expertise.
- Responsible for business, data and process architecture design principles of the software
- Drive the alignment of the data model across our different platforms (Wealth, Engage, Insight and Core) to ease the integration and communication between them
- Define how to manage data lifecycle, data classification, anonymization of data and how to keep data growth under control
- Evolve and establish patterns regarding data storage, e.g. relational vs NoSQL, caching of data, structuring of data, data visualization
- Help to make the product compliant regarding data privacy guidelines, such as GDPR and the HK PDPO
- Review code, code prototyping, and write limited production code in innovation projects
What you need
- MSc in software engineering or related area
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with data modelling and database design in line with domain driven design (DDD) practices
- Breadth in established and emerging data technologies
- Good current programming skills in Java or other general-purpose language
- 5+ years of professional experience in banking area
- Fluent in English, German is nice to have
You will get extra points for the following
- Experience to evolve a monolithically system into a microservices architecture, with a focus on splitting data
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Experience working for a SaaS company, banking knowledge
Now lets talk about perks and compensation
We offer high flexibility in regards to working models (e.g. part time and home office models are possible depending on business requirements). Our base salaries are competitive and if you prove to be a superstar, you might even be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
At Avaloq we embrace diversity, we embrace difference. We are whole-heartedly committed to equal employment opportunities and we foster an inclusive culture where everyone’s' contributions are valued and their voices are listened to. We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Please note that our job descriptions are intended to be written in an inclusive and gender neutral language.
Don’t be shy – apply!
Please only apply online (in German or English).
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.