Software Engineer (Investment and Trading MNL)
- Ayala Ave, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
As a member of the Investment and Trading team you will be part of a dynamic team of Software Developers and Business Analysts located in Zurich, Edinburgh and Manila.
We are the experts in Avaloq for Securities, Foreign Exchange and Derivatives Trading as well as transaction reporting. We take care of all aspects related to these areas in our Avaloq Core Platform including messaging interfaces. Furthermore, we are building new products based on open API and Microservice technology. With us you can be part of many exciting and challenging projects relating to cutting-edge worldwide banking initiatives. The team follows an agile approach and works with customers and partners to support our extensive global customer base and to provide them with innovative solutions to meet market demands.
- Participate in all phases of product development and enhancement in the area of investment and trading including requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing and documentation using agile methodologies.
- Ensure quality and maintainability of our products by designing technically sound solutions, hunting bugs and providing support to our clients.
- Become a subject matter expert to contribute to the general improvements of our products and to take ownership of code components.
- Support Product Owner with estimation of work packages.
What you need
- University degree in Computer Science/Physics/Engineering/Mathematics or comparable education
- Solid knowledge of software engineering
- Knowledge of relational database systems (Oracle, PL/SQL)
- Profound experience in development of complex applications
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Open minded, team oriented and communicative
- Fluent in spoken and written English
You will get extra points for the following:
- Experience in the financial industry
- Business know-how in Investment and Trading
Now lets talk about perks and compensation
We offer competitive base salaries and if you prove to be a superstar, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
Don’t be shy – apply!
Please only apply online.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.