Wintel System Administrator
- 1 Fusionopolis Place #04-10, Singapore, Singapore
Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
Platform Operations Team holds the fort to the Infrastructure and the Platform services to support Avaloq’s internal and external clients on a day-to-day basis. Being part of a dynamic team, the SMEs are involved in the inception, building and operating of the Infrastructure and Platform services, collaborating closely with Applications, Security Operations and Engineering teams.
As an individual contributor, he/she will be reporting to the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Team Lead. Also, he/she will work with the vendor team, network team, database administrator, backup and storage team, middleware team and deployment team.
This person is largely responsible for providing operational operating systems and services to the organization.
- Primary responsibilities include owning, tracking and resolving windows operating systems related incidents and requests
- Fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g: servers backups and recovery, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs
- Responding to operating systems and applications related alerts and escalations and working towards strategic solutions to recurring problems
- User administration on Windows systems including creates, modifies, and deletion of accounts, for user rights assignment and permission configurations, using Active Directory in a multi-domain setup
- Monitors and analyse system performance, detailing the system resource utilization versus user experiences and putting forth recommendations to improve users’ experience, ensuring high level of availability and usability
What you need
- Between 5 to 10 years of working experience in a system administrator capacity
- Ideally in vendor / system integrator background. No banking/financial industry experience required
- Experience in both virtualized and physical environments with Windows Servers
- Good knowledge of windows script programming and automation tasks.
- Proficient in end-to-end troubleshooting involving network/security devices, operating systems, applications, databases, front-end etc.
Solid hands-on experience in the following areas are required:
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Skype for Business
- Active Directory
- DNS services
- Clustering services
You will get extra points for the following
- AWS experiences
- DevOps experiences
Now lets talk about perks and compensation
We offer competitive base salaries and if you prove to be a superstar, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.