Customer Success Manager
- 1355 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We want to radically improve how we humans communicate with each other. Our first step at Ava is to empower 450M deaf and hard-of-hearing people to live in a fully accessible world.
Every day, millions of people are excluded from conversations because they cannot hear what others say well. Our CEO Thibault grew up in a Deaf family & witnessed firsthand how the world was not accessible for them. Together with our CTO Skinner — deaf since age 2 — Thibault co-founded Ava to make live captioning of conversations as easy as turning on captions on TV.
Our small but fast-growing team has reinvented AI-based speech recognition technology to be in service of people who need it the most. We dream of a 24/7 accessible world, without any communication barrier.
Why this Role?
- Change lives at an unprecedented scale: How often do you hear about apps that make people cry of joy? It is a unique opportunity and privilege to be able to meaningfully improve the lives of 100,000s of people around the world - and we have only just started to scratch the surface!
- Work with some of the best people in the world: We have an incredibly talented and passionate team that is a lot of fun to work with. We're still super small and have already accomplished more than most teams 10x our size. Our interests are very diverse — and we love to mix them into our everyday work-life balance.
- Meaningfully shape the future of accessibility: As you engage with users, you'll gain insights to help us serve them better — and work with the product team to inform what we do next. Your voice carries the most weight when we decide what to build next.
- Join us at an incredible time: We're well-funded and hit product-market fit, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'd join at the perfect time to shape what we build and how we grow, so we can create a more inclusive world.
So... what will you do as a Customer Success representative at Ava?
- Provide amazing help to our users and clients with extreme kindness — giving them clear, concise, and relevant answers to their problems, no matter what channel (written documentation, video, ...)
- Increased adoption, retention and natural upsell opportunities by establishing and owning strong client relationships.
- Improve our efficiency — yourself by being always on top of your game, as well as the team's, implementing systems that amplify the impact of every member.
- Be the thoughtful voice of our clients — organize their feedback to help develop a product that answers their needs. We take this very seriously and want our users' voices to shape our decisions.
- Understand our product inside and out to help our professional users drive business value.
- Work with and support our Sales team to do their job better every day. Helping them to build and improve ways to follow up and engage with professional users and convert new leads.
You'd be perfect for this role if:
- You have at least 3 years of experience in similar account management or customer success roles that include upselling and renewal targets
- You can demonstrate having prevented key clients from churning and helped expand accounts through upselling.
- You have very strong communication skills, and seek to be clear, concise and always relevant, with in-person and written communications
- You are really well organized and voracious about learning new tools - often ending up the one helping others solve their computer problems!
- You can juggle many projects at once while keeping an infectious positivity, and impart this energy to others.
- You're patient, warm, and organized in your thinking. Kindness is key.
- You're curious about people and problems, can put yourself in others’ shoes, are a good listener who's naturally interested to dig in, ideate and find solutions.
- ✨ Bonus: You know or are familiar with a bit of American Sign Language and would be enthusiastic to learn it to help customers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.