Lead Android Engineer (f/m/x)
- Bergmannstraße, 10961 Berlin, Germany
Our IT department has been one of the references in the Berlin start-up scene for the past 7 years, deploying an average of 45 releases in 2019, using more than 10 programming languages daily and handling more than 2TB of data daily in a fully AWS integrated platform.
Auto1's Android engineering team develops tools that disrupt the automotive industry. You will build and own features maintaining high quality and ensuring we deliver the best product to our clients. Part of a very diverse team you can propose and drive new solutions to existing technical and business challenges.
Your new role
- Application Ownership: Architect, develop, QA, ship, monitor and maintain native Android applications.
- Use your brain (a lot): Use your experience, hands-on and can-do attitudes to solve complex problems in one of the most prolific engineering teams in the vast startup hub of Berlin (4849 releases in 2019).
- Lead and Develop: You grow. We grow. Your team grows. Take responsibility for the growth and development of your team and inspire everyone around you to get better every day.
- Raise the bar: Drive technological innovations in the Android space to keep AUTO1 at the cutting edge.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience with Android development
- 1+ year of experience as a lead developer
- Deep understanding of Java (Collections, Concurrency)
- Android SDK (Components, Patterns, Architecture, Versions difference)
- Familiarity with Material design (UX patterns, components and libraries)
- Experience with 3rd party libraries (Retrofit, Picasso, EventBus, ...)
- Gradle build system
- Client-server communication (REST, HTTP, HTTPS)
- Design patterns
- Good English skills
Colleagues striving for excellence while using the latest technologies. You can see what we do in our Tech-Blog: https://auto1.tech
Relocation support to Germany which includes assistance with visa, apartment search and refund
A beautiful and modern office in the heart of Berlin (Kreuzberg, Bergmannkiez) with free drinks & fruits
Team and company events like Hackathons, International Nights, Annual Company Parties, Football, Team Nights and more
As we know you are eager to learn and explore new technology, we will allow you to access an Educational budget that you can use for your personal growth
Flexible working hours. You will be able to adjust your daily journey around our core-hours, making your start and end of the day compatible with your personal life
We offer discounts on well-known brands like Urban Sports, Bosch, Apple and Sky, as well as special offers on used cars for you, your family and your friends
Annual salary reviews weaved into our feedback cycle
Apply by uploading your CV with a note of your salary expectations.
AUTO1 Group is Europe's leading digital automotive platform. As a dynamic tech company, we are revolutionizing the used car market with our brands wirkaufendeinauto.de, AUTO1.com and Autohero. Our strong team of 4.500 people is dedicated to making Europe-wide car trading, transport and financing as fast, easy and stress-free as possible for our customers. Grow personally and shape the future of car trading with us.
At AUTO1 Group we live an open culture, believe in direct communication, and value diversity. We welcome every applicant; regardless of gender, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual identity, disability, or any other non-merit factor.