- 2280 S Xanadu Way, Aurora, CO 80014, USA
The mission of the Housing Authority of the City of Aurora (AHA) is to develop and promote quality housing while supporting and encouraging economic opportunities leading to self-sufficiency and independence. AHA accomplishes this mission by providing affordable or subsidized housing at 9 different properties, administering approximately 1200 vouchers (HCV, FUP and VASH) and offering 2 homeless programs with case management. Given this role, AHA was asked to be the fiscal agent and administrator of the City of Aurora’s homeless plan, [email protected]
AHA is a friendly, confident work environment in which the open exchange of ideas and information is encouraged. At AHA, we know that our reputation is built upon the acts of each employee.
AHA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health and dental insurance, 3 weeks of vacation after 2 years of service, 12 paid holidays per year, STD/LTD and a 401(k) retirement plan.
AHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position is responsible for ensuring that properties managed or owned by AHA are in compliance with various State and Federal funding programs. Programs include but are not limited to LIHTC, Section 8, H
1. Stay current on changes/modifications to various funding programs utilized for Affordable Housing
2. Ensure that resident/applicant files are in compliance under the security guidelines that are governed by HUD/IRS and AHA policy.
3. Prepare required reports and ensure accurate and timely completion of all reports requested from oversight agencies, investors or partners.
4. Prepare for and participate in the Management and Occupancy Reviews conducted by various oversight, funding, and investment partners at the property sites.
5. Prepare information required by Compliance Coordinator to process monthly HAP (Housing Assistance payments) vouchers to CHFA (Colorado Housing Finance Authority).
6. On a per-action basis, enter data immediately into the web-based occupancy reporting systems.
7. Audit applicant and resident files on a daily basis to ensure program compliance.
8. Bring non-compliance issues to the attention of the Compliance Coordinator for corrective actions. OME, CDBG, RTC and any other Affordable Housing Program.
- Requires 2 year experience working with real estate funding programs, financial eligibility determination, or other funding programs or 2 years experience working on site at a Tax Credit or Project Based Section 8 property.
- Solid knowledge of LIHTC, Section 8, HOME, CDBG and their compliance requirements LIHTC (Low-Income Housing Tax Credit) and Project Based Section 8 certifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Fair Housing regulations and rules. Strong working knowledge of computers and office software: Word, Excel, and Outlook Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with various levels of AHA personnel as well as outside asset managers, governmental oversight staff, and investment partners.
- Detail-oriented approach to compliance.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently
- Maintain the integrity of compliance, rules, and regulations, while working collaboratively with co-workers.
- Multi-family Housing experience is strongly preferred
Starting salary for this job is between $45,000 and $60,000 per year depending on experience. The position is eligible for a $2,000 hiring bonus.