Physical Education Teacher (2021-2022)
- 4841 Summer Ave, Memphis, TN 38122, USA
Aurora Collegiate Academy is a college preparatory K– 5th grade charter school for underserved children from across Memphis. Aurora Collegiate opened in August 2012. Our mission is to prepare each of our students to enter and excel in a rigorous secondary school and eventually in a 4-year college or university.
If you are relentless about seeing disadvantaged students achieve at high levels, this is a chance to build a school that does whatever it takes to ensure college success for all children.
Members of Aurora Collegiate Academy staff will work to prepare students in grades kindergarten through fifth grade with the academic, social, and character foundation necessary to compete in college and beyond. It is the expectation that Aurora Collegiate Academy Teachers will teach through our mission, instill our core values, and do ‘whatever it takes’ to provide students with the education they deserve.
The Physical Education teacher will:
- Adhere to the school policies around behavior expectations, with rewards and consequences.
- Work effectively and professionally with all school team members.
- Align all teaching to our standards-based curriculum.
- Inform all instructional decisions with data as a classroom-planning tool.
- Submit weekly lesson plans for review.
- Participate in high frequency coaching.
- Follow all professional norms.
- Do whatever it takes to achieve the mission of Aurora Collegiate Academy.
- Ensure lessons meet all levels of student physical experience.
- Provide a safe and fun learning environment.
- Build a lifelong passion for physical health.
- Provides appropriate instruction and makes checks on equipment to insure the safety of scholars.
- Maintains control of storage and use of school-owned property
- Selects equipment and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college.
A state issued teaching license, or are in the process of obtaining a state issues teaching license.
A willingness to complete all duties and responsibilities to the fullest.
A belief that all students can succeed in college and a desire to lead students to that outcome.
Please complete the application and submit an updated resume.
Commitment to Diversity:
Aurora Collegiate Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.