Marketing and Engagement Manager
- 2211 Riverside Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Type of employment: Regular full-time
- FLSA Status: Exempt (salaried/teaching)
- Job Classification: Staff
- Department: The Forum on Workplace Inclusion
The Forum on Workplace Inclusion is a learning and development organization focusing on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). We are curators of innovative and challenging DEI content and conveners of people who work or are interested in DEI. The Forum’s programming consists of ongoing local, national, and global events including a large annual conference, a smaller fall conference, regular podcasts and webinars, and other events both in person and virtually. We have a strong national brand and a growing international presence. The Forum is hosted at Augsburg University.
Augsburg University has maintained a strong academic reputation defined by excellence in the liberal arts and professional studies since 1869. A safe and welcoming campus in the heart of Minneapolis, Augsburg offers undergraduate and graduate degrees to nearly 3,200 diverse students.
The Forum on Workplace Inclusion and Augsburg University invites individuals who share our mission and commitment to intentional diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging to join our community. In particular, the Forum and Augsburg University invites BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, individuals with disabilities, women, veterans, and those from underrepresented or marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The Marketing and Engagement Manager is primarily responsible for The Forum’s marketing and communications and provides oversight to ensure the effectiveness of other external and internal marketing resources/contractors. This position manages and executes Forum marketing deliverables and is also responsible for The Forum’s social media presence. The marketing effort is both internal and external to our host, Augsburg University, and includes a global presence.
Secondarily, working with the director of sales and engagement this position, along with the Administrative Coordinator/Registrar, is also responsible for the management and delivery of negotiated benefits for sponsors, group sales, exhibitors, trades/alliances, and other relationships; registration support; and database segmentation and research.
- Working with the Augsburg Marketing Department, update and administer the Forum website, including updating information about the annual conference, podcast, and webinar series, resource pages, and other Forum events and activities. Oversee SEO optimization and web health.
- Working with the Augsburg Marketing Department, author and design email content, using tools and information in CVENT, the Forum’s event management system. Work with staff and consultants/contractors to draft communications timelines and calendars. Generate email performance reports.
- Working with the Augsburg Marketing Department, ensure quality and appropriate design (including graphic design), editing, copywriting, proofreading, content management, and project management for Forum print and digital marketing collateral including annual reports, postcards, ads, program apps/program book, signage, newsletter, PPT templates, one-page information sheets, brochures (sponsor, exhibitor, attendee), press releases, social media, and other items as needed. Working with the Augsburg Marketing Department, create supporting graphics (including for website).
- Manage webinar and podcast production and promotion, including scheduling, collection, and production of audio recordings, graphics, and sponsor ad placement.
- Curate communications content to include articles, blog posts, videos, and other organization’s event information required for relevant Forum social media and online resource library presence. Post to social media and monitor feedback. Responsible for monthly and yearly digital data analytics and reporting for Forum social media channels.
- Working with the Sales and Engagement Director, develop strategies. objectives, and key marketing/communications/PR messages that align with and promote The Forum’s conferences and other offerings throughout the year, both internal and external to the University and with a global presence
- Working with the Sale and Engagement Director, manage all external marketing contracts and internal Augsburg marketing/communications relationships. Partner with contracted design firm or Augsburg Marketing Department to produce Forum theme year design for marketing and collateral.
- Collect, coordinate, edit, produce and publish photo and video content. Manage photo and video library.
- Working with the Sale and Engagement Director, creating and executing social media, communications, and PR plans.
- Working with the Sales and Engagement Director and Administrative Coordinator/Registrar, manage the delivery of negotiated benefits for sponsors, group sales, exhibitors, trades/alliances, and other relationships
- Provide registration support and database segmentation and research assistance to the Administrative Coordinator/Registrar.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- A typical work environment is an office, working at a desk for long periods of time.
- Regular computer and phone use.
- This position offers the opportunity for remote work. Though this position is remote-friendly, Augsburg's policy requires that you have residency in Minnesota, California, Florida, New York, Tennessee, or Wisconsin on or before the first day of work. Once hired, Augsburg will not pay for your expenses to travel to Minnesota should your presence be needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required.
- 5 years minimum of relevant experience in marketing, advertising, communications, or public relations required.
- Experience in conference or event and/or non-profit marketing.
- Experience in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, either in a marketing/communications, public relations, or practitioner function.
- Knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion principles and issues.
- Standard practices for developing and delivering presentations.
- Knowledge of marketing/communications principles.
- Google and Microsoft Office proficiency expected (Gmail, Docs, Slides, Sheets; Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube).
- Knowledge of print production is a plus.
- Possess skills in copywriting, content management, project management, proofreading, and basic graphic design.
- High customer service skills, service orientation, and the ability to work collaboratively are expected.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing one’s own work, setting priorities, and meeting critical deadlines.
- Hospitality and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work with people from all backgrounds—race, ethnicity, religion, orientation, gender, ability, and language. Cultural competence is expected.
Benefits at Augsburg
Augsburg University offers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards program including:
Medical, dental and vision coverage
A generous 403(b) matching program with an employer contributions of up to 8% upon eligibility
Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses and dependents, and participation in the Tuition Exchange program with colleges and universities throughout the US
Generous paid time-off, including 14 paid holidays, 12 sick days, 2 community service days, and vacation of up to 22 days per year immediately upon hire
Employer-paid STD, LTD and life insurance
Enhanced Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for all employees
Augsburg’s Statement regarding COVID-19 Vaccinations
For the safety of our students, employees and the community in which we live and work, Augsburg requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. For individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to religious or medical reasons, Augsburg offers exemptions and accommodations.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Augsburg is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.
Augsburg University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, familial status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status or public assistance status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at phone number: 612-330-1058 or email: [email protected]