Content Development and Copyeditor Specialist- 1099 Consultant
We help businesses change, lead, and succeed.
Audacia Strategies makes change matter. We maximize the value of our clients’ transformations by helping them communicate with authority and empathy to drive performance and create competitive advantage.
Bold Actions, Audacious Results.
Audacia's team works with agility and purpose everywhere work gets done. We build stronger companies from the inside out by focusing on the core driver of successful transformations - communication. Our team's human-centric approach powers successful transformation by strengthening value.
Joining our team means bringing a passion for getting things done alongside your skills and expertise. As a part of Audacia, you'll join a close-knit, collaborative network of team members with unique transformation skills across multiple business sectors. Our combined strength allows us to serve the widest variety of client needs and empower leaders to shape the future of their companies and industries.
About the Opportunity:
We're seeking a flexible, adaptable, and high-energy Content Development and Copyeditor Specialist to join our team. As part of our dynamic team, you'll contribute to the success of several major engagements across a variety of sectors. We're not just looking for a communications professional, we're seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds and skill sets to push our thinking, share fresh, innovative ideas, and elevate the quality of work we deliver to our clients. If you have a passion for helping organizations reach their maximum potential, we'd love to speak with you!
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Ensure highest quality standards and practices are brought to all aspects of client work
- Develop content ideas in collaboration with engagement team members for the client
- Write and develop content for a variety of communications to support client engagements and in alignment with the voice and key messages of the client.
- Collaborate with content owners on the engagement team to create materials as part of a cohesive engagement work product
- Contribute enditing expertise for team deliverables to ensure consistent voice and messaging, flow of content and ensuring communications are grammatically correct
- Contribute copy for websites, newsletters, sales collateral, emails, social media posts, video scripts, and other written media
- Review and/or edit other writers’ copy or content, as needed
- Perform copy edits based on teams and/or client feedback
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in corporate communications required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Communications, English, or Advertising
- 8 years’ experience in a formal communication and copywriter role, preferable in corporate communications or agency. Prior consulting experience preferred
- Ability to gather information and synthesize it into presentable deliverables
- Ability to manage multiple competing tasks, prioritize as necessary, and deliver high-quality products to a variety of stakeholders under tight deadlines
- Exceptional written communication skills, including writing for various outlets (internal, external, web, emails, newsletters, letters, social, etc.)
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly.
- Experience in communicating to various audiences (various industries, organization/team sizes, various management levels including senior executives, various departments including human resources and marketing, etc.)
- Ability to take feedback and make necessary changes
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of team members, clients, and colleagues
- Strong ability to think creatively, solve problems, set priorities and work under pressure.
- A portfolio of diverse copy samples, developed in professional settings, showing skills and experience
Please include your resume and a short cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in this role.
Audacia Strategies is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.