Executive Communications Consultant
- 2008 N Kentucky St, Arlington, VA 22205, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Audacia Strategies is an Arlington, VA based strategic communications and investor advisory company. Audacia Strategies works with agility and purpose everywhere work gets done. We build stronger companies from the inside out by focusing on core drivers of successful companies – transformation and communications. We translate business strategy into narratives for internal and external stakeholders. Joining our team means bringing with you a diverse set of skills, abilities, and expertise in consulting, communications, and transformation.
Learn more about Audacia Strategies at audaciastrategies.com. Audacia Strategies is proudly 100% Woman-Owned.
Audacia Strategies has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Strategic Communications professional. As part of our dynamic team, you will contribute to the success of several major assignments. We are not just looking for a seasoned communications professional, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds and skill sets to push our thinking, share fresh, innovative ideas, and elevate the quality of counsel we deliver for our clients. If you have a passion for helping organizations reach their maximum potential, we would love to speak with you!
The ideal candidate has experience in corporate communications and change management, focusing on successfully leading organizations through change actions such as executive transitions, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic shifts - including organizational culture and employee communication. The ideal candidate also has significant experience creating executive and organizational communications strategies and managing communications during times of change and transition. This position requires substantial interaction at the C-suite level. A successful candidate must be able to interact and manage executive relationships effectively, create and distill strategy, lead a communications team (Audacia Strategies + client + third-party teammates), and roll up your sleeves to develop and edit messaging and content and presentations.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as a communications strategist and Audacia Strategies team lead for select clients.
- Provide counsel, design and execute strategic communications strategies for clients.
- Cultivate, foster, and grow long-term trusted partnerships with senior-level client stakeholders.
- Ensure highest quality standards and practices are brought to all aspects of client work.
- Facilitate client meetings, planning sessions, and retreats.
- Serve as communications and strategy coach to senior-level executives.
- Provide communication recommendations to assist in messaging to critical audiences, including message refinement, vision setting, and adjustment of style/method/delivery.
- Create positioning and communication strategies that will drive messaging to aid in client growth objectives, including but not limited to areas of internal communication, organizational culture, and change communication. Establish metrics to measure strategy outcomes.
- Support implementation of strategies—sometimes independently and sometimes with other members of the Audacia Strategies team.
- Conduct organizational and communications audits and provide strategic recommendations to achieve growth goals.
- Serve as a brand strategist for clients, including re-branding, a brand refresh, and ensuring brand integrity.
- Write for a variety of communications—including feature stories, web copy, brochures, etc.—in alignment with the voice and key messages of client brands and the strategy and plans prepared by the client and/or the Audacia Strategies team.
- Support internal/client spokespersons to ensure messaging and delivery align with strategy.
- Edit and proofread materials, including proposals, reports, and client communications.
- Support crisis communication strategy as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Advertising or Journalism; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in a formal communications role, preferable in corporate communications or agency. Prior consulting experience preferred.
- Experience across the strategic communications field, including leadership messaging, content development, Web strategy, and implementation planning
- Demonstrable experience developing executive-level briefs and deliverables
- Experience with writing and editing materials for senior executives
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with senior government officials and private sector executives
- Ability to gather information and synthesize it into presentable deliverables
- Ability to manage multiple competing tasks, prioritize as necessary, and deliver high-quality products to a variety of stakeholders under tight deadlines
- Exceptional verbal communication skills, including abilities in presentation, facilitation, and daily front-facing client communications.
- Exceptional written communication skills, including writing for various outlets (internal, external, web, emails, newsletters, letters, social, etc.).
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly. Fluency in AP style desired.
- Experience in creating and managing social media strategies using a variety of platforms.
- Exceptional planning, project management, and coordination skills.
- Experience in communicating to various audiences (various industries, organization/team sizes, various management levels including senior executives, various departments including human resources and marketing, etc.)
- Experience developing, tracking, and managing to appropriate KPIs.
- Experience with creative direction, including print, digital, photography, and video.
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently and lead client relationships.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of team members, clients, and colleagues in all capacities.
- Strong ability to think creatively, solve problems, set priorities and work under pressure.
Please include your resume and a short cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in this role.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.