Human Resources Generalist
- 591 Cherry Drive, Waconia, MN, United States
Auburn Homes and Services is a not-for-profit senior services organization with Long-Term Care, Transitional Care, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Enhanced Care, and Hud Subsidized Independent Living Facilities located in Chaska and Waconia Minnesota. In the spirit of Christ's love, we serve others with integrity and compassion.
Type of Roles Available: Full-time, Salaried
Shifts: Dayside Hours
Compensation: Dependent Upon Qualifications
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledgeable of administrative practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to employment law, wage and hour rules, labor relations, OSHA, Privacy Act, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent employee information in accordance with the Privacy Act, as well as our facility’s established policies governing the release of information.
- Administer fringe benefits programs, to include pensions, annuities, health/life insurance programs, etc., as directed.
- Prepare, recommend, and maintain records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data.
- Ensure that the facility is in compliance with current applicable federal and state employment regulations regarding wages, overtime, work hours, workman’s/unemployment compensation, etc.
- Provide public information (i.e., verification of employment, wages, etc.), in accordance with current laws, regulations, and guidelines governing such matters.
- Conduct employee background and reference checks in accordance with our facility’s established procedures.
- Contribute to Affirmative Action Plans/Programs as necessary or required.
- Contribute to risk management and fire safety programs.
- Coordinate all input and outputs from the HRIS, maintain the system and create programming adjustments to reflect current practices and become the subject manner expert for the company.
- Administer scheduling program throughout company.
- Assist in ensuring that adequate financial records and cost reports concerning personnel administration is submitted.
- Manage benefit open enrollment process and communicate to carriers.
- Coordinate Worker Compensation claims.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the organization.
- Other related duties as assigned and that may become necessary/appropriate to assure that our facility is in compliance with current laws, regulations, and guidelines concerning the operation of our facility.
- Travel between locations as needed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university, or equivalent. (Two (2) years’ experience in human resources may be recognized in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.)
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the laws, regulations, and guidelines concerning personnel administration.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Must possess the ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze information and make recommendations.
- Must have a thorough administrative working knowledge of the Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
- Must have an ability to mediate between employees and coach leaders on employee relations concerns.
- Must be able to pass a background screen through the State of Minnesota.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Auburn Homes & Services is an EEO/AAP employer