Medical Billing Specialist
- 501 Oak St N, Chaska, MN 55318, USA
Auburn Homes and Services is a not-for-profit senior services organization with Long-Term Care, Transitional Care, Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Hud Subsidized Independent Living Facilities located in Chaska and Waconia Minnesota. In the spirit of Christ's love, we serve others with integrity and compassion.
Medical Billing Specialist - Auburn Homes and Services
The Medical Billing Specialist formulates and administer strategies to oversee the billing operations for Auburn Homes and Services. This includes creating and distributing invoices, requesting payments through 3rd party providers, reconciling payments, supporting collection efforts and adjusting accounts as needed. This role contributes and supports the auditing efforts and reporting to ensure accuracy and efficiency and participates in Auburn Homes and Services strategic activities. Must have strong written and verbal communication and analytical skills to perform effectively
This candidate will be working at our Chaska campus. The position is a full-time salaried position during day-side hours. May require working beyond normal working hours when necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Completes monthly Medicare/Medicaid billing
- Verify insurance coverage
- Work with collections
- Completes 3rd party billing
- Maintain accounts receivable and administer billing, reconciliation, deposits and entries to support the accuracy and integrity of the system.
- Complete deposits and reconcile bank statements.
- Coordinate audit efforts by producing documents required by auditors and assisting in researching information as needed.
- Provide accurate information to individuals regarding their accounts and follow-up with any questions in an expedited manner.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of our facility’s admission requirements, services and programs.
- Report known or suspected incidents of fraud.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care information including protected health information.
- Create an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis and uphold Auburn Homes and Services policies and procedures.
- Completes any other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university/equivalent or five (5) years’ experience in accounting in a health care setting is preferred.
- Must have three (3) years previous medical billing experience in a skilled nursing facility, assisted living, or a medical setting.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts to community groups/agencies.
- Must possess the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must possess the ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze information and make recommendations.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Package as well as other medical billing software.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Auburn Homes & Services is an EEO/AAP employer